Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 330xi with the sport package (oval fog lights)... and one of the fog light lenses is cracked. The light itself still works, and all I want to do is replace the lens. My local BMW dealer says I can't get the lens only... I would have to buy the whole fog light assembly for $110. Is there any place I can get the lens alone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not sure about what you have to replace, but you might want to consider Xpel headlight/foglight protection on your next one.

·
TMS Grand-AM Cup Crew
457 Posts
$110?!!!

I've bought two of those in my car's life, and never paid over $80 for them. I think they were $70 or so. $110 sounds much too high.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Re: $110?!!!

Daniel said:
I've bought two of those in my car's life, and never paid over $80 for them. I think they were $70 or so. $110 sounds much too high.
There is a huge price difference between retail and wholesale (like Pacific BMW or Circle BMW). This is one of those items that's worth shopping around for. Also, after my first light got smacked after ONE WEEK in the US, I bought Xpel.

The Xpel light kit costs about as much as one fog light. I figured if I lost one fog light after a week in the US, what are the chances I lose another one over the next 6 years?

--gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts