BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2012 X1 with 127kms. I noticed a major oil leak so had it towed to my mechanic shop. Turns out the plastic oil filter housing cracked and now the oil has spilled into the coolant system. Has anyone also experience this? It's just way too early for a repair job like this. From reading other sites it sounds like a common problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
Let us know what happen.

Personally, I always at least do my first oil change at the dealer in case there is a recall or anything else important (I also bought my car used).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought mine used as well. Took it to the dealership until the warranty expired.

I spoke to both the dealership and BMW Canada today. They both confirmed there is no recall on the housing unit. I offered to give them the recall bulletin number but they didn't take it.

Where are you located?

I'm having my car towed to the dealership now so they can have look to assess the situation and go from there. I don't know what's going to happen but what I do know is that this problem is very known to BMW and the recall exists for other models and that the X1 should be included in that list.

Any thoughts or comments on this is appreciated as I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having trouble like that.

I live in QC, Canada.

My car was still under extended warranty when they did the work.

Hope this help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts