BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a used 2009 X3 from a local Toyota Dealership. After getting it home I discovered that the passenger seat occupancy sensor was malfunctioning and that there was a wiper fluid leak. I returned to the dealership, they looked at and fixed the wiper fluid lead and inspected the occupancy sensor. They told me they would have to send the car to BMW to get the sensor fixed for me. Anyway, to make a long story short, after picking up my X3 after they inspected the sensor and fixed the leak the clear plastic that covers the gauges was cracked. I know that the rack wasn't there before I took the car in. My question is, is there any reason why they would have had to remove the instrument cluster to figure out why the seat belt chime was going off when there was nobody in the passenger seat. I cannot figure out how they broke this and they don't want to pay to get it fixed.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Only if they were physically removing the chime unit from the back if the instrument cluster. ......

But I'm sure that's not the correct repair .....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Pull the cluster out and see if they removed the chime unit. Are you 100% sure they actually sent the car to BMW to have the issues sorted out?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
...... Are you 100% sure they actually sent the car to BMW to have the issues sorted out?
I bet they didn't. Anyone who knows anything about BMW's would have reworked or replaced the sensor mat in the seat and not touched the instrument cluster.

It's going to be hard to convince them the crack was not already there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts