BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction of this crank no start issue im having couple months ago it happened and dealer said it was a bad cell in the battery. Well here im at same problem it has happened couple times since new battert dealer scanned no codes. Niw today it wont start as it has before same thing just crank crank forever but doesnt fire? Can anyone point me in the right direction of i did a search but it seems people had a no crank no start for the integrated supple module.
Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Bimmer App

· Registered
4,934 Posts
I would have an independent mechanic check the fuel pressure out and ensure that the fuel pump is working. As well I would HIGHLY suggest you search here on the "Integrated Supply Module" and see if the issue is applicable for you.

· Registered
214 Posts
what is your operating voltage when your car is on? if its 13500-13900 then your battery is good. had the same problem. my only issue was not driving the car more often.

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Oh yea. One more thing. Right after you do that sync, before you start your car, go to your sbsr module which is satelite b pillar right and clear your error memory even though there are no errors. Your fuel pump is flagged and will not resume normal operation until you hit clear errors in that module, and that removes the flag.

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks alot guys i will suggest what you guys said. Does anyone know if fuel pumps are known to be problematic on the 66/65 ? I have a feeling you guys are right about the fuel pump and its operation. I do have a driver restraint system fault dealer said it was mat sensor tried to clear and came back on that was after my new battery was installed.

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Makevelli is that a temporary fix of the sync cas/ dme or is that just to do further testing of all systems? Really appriciate it i like to have some options rather then just believing dealers or any technicians for that matter.

· Registered
1,862 Posts
No it wont. But you can test it in inpa in that sbsr module to see if it responds or not. Thats how I knew my fuel pump died. And it also threw an airbag light for my sbsr tge day before it died. Basically if you do what I told you to do and your car doesnt start, it is most likely your fuel pump

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Makeveli just heard from them today but they still are doing more testing. Sa said they're not getting communication to dme? What would that mean?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.