BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, working off the assumption and reports of people like Dan Wu, who state that stainless steel brake lines dramatically reduce the feeling of mushiness in the brakes, perhaps stainless steel clutch lines would provide a further improvement after removal of the CDV?

Going from there, anyone have any idea what it would take to do this? :D All those crappy rubber hoses canb't help clutch response.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick:tsk: Might be time for some ritalin:dunno:

Is the clutch really that bad:dunno:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree with Dan. My Goodridge SS lines dramatically reduce the mushy feel in the brake pedal. I would've upgraded to SS brake lines a LONG time ago but I'm picky and would only go with Goodridge which were recently released :D

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
JawKnee said:
I agree with Dan. My Goodridge SS lines dramatically reduce the mushy feel in the brake pedal. I would've upgraded to SS brake lines a LONG time ago but I'm picky and would only go with Goodridge which were recently released :D
I gotta second this opinion...

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PM 325xiT said:
Nick:tsk: Might be time for some ritalin:dunno:

Is the clutch really that bad:dunno:
Ritalin makes me worse. :D It INCREASES my concentration. :p As for the clutch, it's not THAT bad, but I'd love to see further improvement.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

Ritalin makes me worse. :D It INCREASES my concentration. :p As for the clutch, it's not THAT bad, but I'd love to see further improvement.
Oh no then definately skip the ritalin:yikes:

I would guess there will always be room for some improvement no matter how much is done to our cars:D But for the most part they are great wagons:thumb:

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah. My biggest beef is that they wouldn't import the 330iT. I want the brakes and the engine. :)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Oh yeah. My biggest beef is that they wouldn't import the 330iT. I want the brakes and the engine. :)
3 liter would be fantastic:thumb:

I can't wait for the day when my wife takes over the wagon so I can go ?30......could be a 5 series by then:dunno:

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd love a 530. I've always thought those cars are the perfect size. The E46 is just a touch small.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
OK, working off the assumption and reports of people like Dan Wu, who state that stainless steel brake lines dramatically reduce the feeling of mushiness in the brakes, perhaps stainless steel clutch lines would provide a further improvement after removal of the CDV?

Going from there, anyone have any idea what it would take to do this? :D All those crappy rubber hoses canb't help clutch response.
Nick, you of all people should KNOW there is no rubber line feeding into the clucth, it's a steel tube that's been bent and that steel tube does not flex AT ALL. A stainless steel clutch line will do nothing for the mushiness in the clutch, you'll need a Sachs sports clutch to alleviate that.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

That looks like a rubber hose in there to me...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

That looks like a rubber hose in there to me...
Isn't that hose rather short though? I would think if that pipe on the left of the picture was rubber then MAYBE there's something we can do on that front. Do you have a wider shot?

I stand corrected, of course.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Not my pic... Dammit, I wish I could remember who posted it. However, it illustrates the rubber hose quite well. There's a lot of it.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So is there any way to put in a stainless steel line?

I should very much like to do this if it is possible. :)

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
From the looks of it, I think a shorter stainless steel brake line will fit...Since all the bolt sizes are the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts