BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car for a long drive this past couple days. Its amazing that its smooth as butter again. I took it across the 401 to Kingston and a few times on a few stretches, a line of cars got into the 150km/hr range or so....:dunno: Whenever this happened, my car made a wicked roaring noise and you could feel the vibration through the floor. I thought it was coming from the windshield but now i am not so sure. I know it was the wind because if there was a breaker or someone dropped back the the sound would stop in the pocket and as soon as a crosswind or open air was hit, the sound instantly returned.

Anyone ever experience this before? Or heard of it? I dont have a air damn as its not an M3 or anything so i cant think of what body panel would do this.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Do you have any bottom cover or jack pad missing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm Never looked at the jack up points. The under car covers are all there and mounted. Going to go and look at that again. :(

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Hmmm Never looked at the jack up points. The under car covers are all there and mounted. Going to go and look at that again. :(
E39 used to make a whistling sound when jack pads were missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts