BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 59 plate Z4 which I love but I have had a few rattle issues with since I bought it new, mainly from the tin roof. All of these so far have been fixed by my local dealer. However, for the past couple of months I've had a really annoying creaking noise coming from the dash, well I thought it was the dash! But as the nice weather has arrived this week my roof has been down and guess what, no creaking noise. So I put my roof up and listened more carefully, now I'm convinced its coming from the front of the roof, above the windscreen. Its mainly there whenever theres a slight bump or uneven road, but it even happens on motorways and is worse when the cars seem warmed up. Its just a very short, quick creak that repeats again and again at random times and is now driving me up the wall!! When the roof is down its not there even when I really listen! I feel silly taking it to the dealer AGAIN as I've had 3 rattles fixed and two faulty rear indicator units replaced in the last 12 months! Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this creak? Or should I just bite the bullet and go back to the dealer with it? Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Apparently, applying a thin layer of Vaseline works well!?! Neighbour has an SL, fixed it for them.

Worth a try and you can always wipe it clean off. Personally I would call service desk to ask if this will be ok, rubber melting etc..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts