Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
***8221;new x1 mexico***8221;

The second generation BMW X1 uses all-new powertrain and chassis technology to build systematically on the compact BMW X model's versatile sporting ability in its segment. The newly developed chassis technology, which ensures not only precisely controllable handling, but also noticeably improved ride comfort is another key factor that further enhances agility on the all new BMW X1.

Press drives for the new X1 are going on as you read, in Copper Canyon, Mexico. We'll be putting the F48 through its paces, to see how well the new chassis and powertrain work together. Will it measure up to the previous generation X1? The first drive report should follow soon, so stay tuned to find out.

UPDATE: Read the Bimmerfest BMW X1 Review

Read all about the new F48 X1 here!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
The car looks amazing in person, both interior and exterior. Unfortunately I didn't sit in the back seat myself but I have two notes. One of the BMW reps is 6' 3" and could sit in the driver's seat and then move to the back seat and fit comfortably. That certainly wouldn't have worked in the previous generation. The amount of space has certainly increased and based on storage of gear while driving, there was a significant amount more space than the 340i had which we were also driving. I'll have some more thoughts, photos and feedback on the car in the next couple days.

·
Let Apple rewrite iDrive
470 Posts
those up close pictures look good. Hey sit in the back and tell us how well an adult sits back there
In one of the X1 review videos on YouTube a 6'5" German guy sits behind another 5'11" German guy in an F48. The tall back seat passenger still has plenty of head and leg room. It appears that anyone of normal height should have plenty of leg and head space in the back seat.

Here's the video.

The back seat legroom info is at about 24:47.

Note, the model they were reviewing had the $300 adjustable back seat option which adds about an extra inch of rear seat space when adjusted all the way back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts