BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Just got this new problem that's started with my BMW E39 520i Auto.

Below 60mph the cruise control works fine.

Now, if I go above 60, it switches off by itself. That's if I accelerate with the peddle or use the accelerate button on steering. Once it's cut off it won't switch on again until the next time I switch on the car.

I figured there must be some kind of issue with one of the speed sensors but does anyone know if there is an easy solution for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update...

I'm now finding that the cruise control isn't working all the time. This morning it didn't come on at all, but when I tried again later it worked. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Is there anything else going on that seems unrelated? Such as steering wheel radio controls, airbag light, passenger sun visor vanity light not working, horn, alarm. If so, likely culprit is ignition switch.

·
Banned
268 Posts
Hi All, Just got this new problem that's started with my BMW E39 520i Auto.

Below 60mph the cruise control works fine.

Now, if I go above 60, it switches off by itself. That's if I accelerate with the peddle or use the accelerate button on steering. Once it's cut off it won't switch on again until the next time I switch on the car.

I figured there must be some kind of issue with one of the speed sensors but does anyone know if there is an easy solution for this?

Thanks
Car doesn't want you to speed :rofl::rofl: Jk I have no idea whats wrong

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there anything else going on that seems unrelated? Such as steering wheel radio controls, airbag light, passenger sun visor vanity light not working, horn, alarm. If so, likely culprit is ignition switch.
Hey Occhis, not really, as it currently stands, everything else is in perfect working order. No other lights showing on the dash, car seems to be running perfectly. It's difficult to predict when this might have happened, it's been a while since I've been over 60, perhaps 4 weeks or so and the last time it worked perfectly fine.

The only thing that has happened since was that I had to have the boot lock replaced. :eeps:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts