BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently purchased a decent '97 328si, immaculately kept, no mechanical problems that I can see, but the cruise control doesn't seem to work. I don't see a sensor near the brake pedal arm, which was my first idea, so wondering if there is a simple fix. Fuse is good.

Dave.

[email protected]

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
You have to pull the bolster panels to see the sensors, they're up there a ways. The actuator module could be shot, the stalk control could be shot, the cable could be disconnected from the TB.....all kinds of possibilities.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
What direction are you moving the cruise control stalk to try to initiate cruise control? You push the stalk forward toward the front of the car to initiate it or go faster, back towards to you go slower.

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
My module was removed for the supercharger. Try doing a 900 mile trip without cruise! #firstworldproblems.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
i disconnected my cruise on purpose... that's just unneeded weight.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
when on the jersey autobahn i love my cruise....allows me to drink my coffee, read a paper, juggle,...y'know, stuff like that....

the basics would be to make sure that you are operating the system correctly, as stated. if that is the case, then i would make sure the rest of the system is oeprational. could be a faulty brake switch or clutch switch (if manual) since these will cancel the cruise request.

check for power to the servo under the hood. use a test light. i forget which wire is the 'on' signal, but if you check the stickies and look for the wiring harness section (wedophones.com) you should be able to find it.

welcome to the fest. and i second the pic post request. (we like teh pictars...:D)

df

1 - 7 of 7 Posts