BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2012 X5, the cruise control on the speedometer sometimes indicates a different set than the digital readout in the center of the dash or the actual speed. For example, cruise is set on 75, and the speedometer reads 75, but the cruise indicator on the speedometer reads 65. Ever seen this before and know why this is the case?

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
A few MPH off maybe... but not that much.

Can you take a pic?

- Mike

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,147 Posts
Those pictures are worth a lot of aggravation.

It will be very hard for them to reply "could not duplicate"... that photo is proof something is wrong. My bet is the ring that operates the mark of the speedo.... dealer. Report back.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Yes, print those pics and show them to the service adviser... something is amiss.

- Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am having this exact same problem in my 2011 328i convertible. The cruise indicator usually shows the right speed when I first turn on the cruise, but when I hit resume, the indicator screws up about 50% of the time. Differences in the actual set speed and the indicator can vary anywhere from a few mph to >20.

The dealership said they "re-programmed" things the first time they looked at it...and it did the same thing driving away from the dealership! :mad:

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how was it fixed? What was the root cause?

When it screws up, I've noticed that the indicator appears to slow down or get stuck when it first starts to move around the speedo to the indicated speed. Something loose on the indicator ring maybe?? :dunno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same thing happened to me. First visit they reprogrammed, and it happened again driving away from the dealership. Second trip they replaced the instrument cluster. Take pics. Hard for them to argue with.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,147 Posts
Same thing happened to me. First visit they reprogrammed, and it happened again driving away from the dealership. Second trip they replaced the instrument cluster. Take pics. Hard for them to argue with.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Take VIDEO!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
BMW is going to replace the instrument cluster...finally!! Unfortunately, it has to come from Germany and may take 2 weeks to get here...oh well, at least they're going to fix the problem!:thumb up:

IMG_0492.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts