BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bumped into a planter when I was parking in an end spot today with my rear passanger wheel. The concrete was deformed when it was built and I didn't see the deformity when I was pulling in close. It made a 2" scratch on the outside lip of the wheel. :cry:

I do everything I can to avoid a door ding - in this case pulling as close to the planter as possible to leave plenty of space for the guy next to me - and I end up with a botched up wheel. Then I come back only to find a beat up VW Vanagon parked way over the line *right* next to my car (luckily there were no dings). Typical. :mad:

This totally ruined my day today. My car is only 3 weeks old! *sigh* Now I guess I have two choices... replace the wheel or have it repired. Does anyone know of a really good wheel repair shop in OC? Any ideas how much a new rear M68 wheel costs?

Thanks for any help.

--SONET

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: isn't it ironic

ChrisTO said:
i did something similar once to avoid door dings only to inflict damage on myself. i guess it doesn't pay to avoid door dings it will happen eventually, and you end up with self inflicted damage. the irony...

lucky for me it's only a plastic wheel cover. :)
I went 9 years with my last car with only one small ding (on my birthday of all days), and of course it happened the only time I didn't park in an 'end spot'. Figures! :thumbdwn:

If I ever own a parking lot every spot will be an end spot.

Scott: thanks for the info. Have you seen their work first-hand?

--SONET

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.