BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am curious to know that when the dealer replaces parts such as electronics, if they are refirbished or brand new. If anyone remembers a while back, I was the one who attempted to update the Nav software from 17 to 18 and had the huge problem. Remember? The CDR disk wouldn't eject and it got stuck inside the CD reader? Regardless, I am wondering if they are going to give me a new CD drive or a refirbished one. Obviously, some things have to bve brand new but this one seems like it doesn't necessaraly have to be. Thoughts? -C

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Most warranties state that it is to the OEMs discretion as to wether they will repair, or replace a defective item with new or a refurbished item. The basic reasoning is that what they are repairing or replacing is in a used state at the time of failure and that the warranty remains in full force and effect post said repair.

That said, I flipped a coin for you,
just tell me if you want heads or tails.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha. Honestly, after I slaughtered the inside of that cd reader to get the cd-r to come come out, there is no way they can repair this one. Anyhow, I pick heads! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts