BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking for some wheels for my next E90 I discovered that if we take for example the 195 style 18 wheels the price for a single front wheel is :

424$US

and 667$CDN

that's 1.57 the price in US !!!!!
while today the exchange rate is 1.26 !!!!

Are they crazy...

If for example I want to get a complete set of 195 style wheels (18'') it's 3500$US or something like 6280$ all taxes included...
 

·
Grumpy and Cynical
Joined
·
7,639 Posts
calvado said:
...If for example I want to get a complete set of 195 style wheels (18'') it's 3500$US or something like 6280$ all taxes included...
Which begs the question, why go with BMW wheels at all? Why not a good aftermarket brand, such as BBS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My pocket is telling me the same thing.. I can't justify buying original BMW wheels.. I'll go with some BBS or replicas for 50% less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Calavado: And don't forget to add taxes in Canada! Around 15% more (well that may change from province to province...)!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's fun to see how come companies like Jaguar apply a different exchange rate closer to reality..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I testdrove the X-Type 2005... Felt great inside... good ride... but VERY poor reliability...
But from an exterior design point of view, that one is a looker... a real one.
 

·
In cubicle hell
Joined
·
550 Posts
stewthebassman said:
Calvado and I and Michelito and Saintor are in the most backward province in North America.
yep but some of the greatest people in america live here though... that's why we stay :D
you don't want to do too much comparisons with exchange rates and such... back in 99 for the price I paid for my 323i here in $CAN, I could have had an M3 for the same amount in $US in the States... (meaning same job in the same states would get me the same salary as here, but in $US...)
oh well... Vive la différence !!!
:)
:eeps:

For wheels, just go and visit your stealership every once in a while... just last week they had some style 43 wheels at $250CAN - I know I know, only 16in and all, but there *are* some deals to be had here and there - I remember having been offered style 19 wheels for my 323 at $400CAN (original price was somthing like $1100) - didn't have enough cash then though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
It's true, eh? I'm not sure how many BMW owners (er, lessors) are thinking of paying top dollar for dealership wheels at full pop. Except maybe for X5ers with too much money who need winter wheels.

BTW Michelito, are off the pot yet?
 

·
In cubicle hell
Joined
·
550 Posts
stewthebassman said:
It's true, eh? I'm not sure how many BMW owners (er, lessors) are thinking of paying top dollar for dealership wheels at full pop. Except maybe for X5ers with too much money who need winter wheels.

BTW Michelito, are off the pot yet?
Getting slowly better... now I'm at a point where I'm not sure if it's cramps or hunger :tsk:
oh well at least it didn't happen next week cause by then I should be on my bicycle on a road somewhere in Provence :D just wish I could have put some miles on the bike last weekend instead of having to *sit* at home... Mont Ventoux is gonna be a bit of a challenge with what little mileage I was able to put in the saddle this spring (we're talking 100km here :bawling: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
michelito said:
Getting slowly better... now I'm at a point where I'm not sure if it's cramps or hunger :tsk:
oh well at least it didn't happen next week cause by then I should be on my bicycle on a road somewhere in Provence :D just wish I could have put some miles on the bike last weekend instead of have to *sit* at home... Mont Ventoux is gonna be a bit of a challenge with what little mileage I was able to put in the saddle this spring (we're talking 100km here :bawling: )
Damn boy, you sound like a Lance-aholic! Shoulda got you a Subaru!
 

·
In cubicle hell
Joined
·
550 Posts
stewthebassman said:
Damn boy, you sound like a Lance-aholic! Shoulda got you a Subaru!
no kidding: try fitting 2 road bikes *inside* either a ci or a mini cooper :tsk: ahhh the joys of not being single anymore :rofl:
Difference between me and Lance: he can actually ride - I'm just a tourist :D oh and I ride Campy, not Shimano... Italian bikes are :wow: (I looooove carbon)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top