BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know what is the earliest availability for ED. Have a deal on an M3 but I would like to take delivery end of May, is it possible. Trying to avoid waiting until June delivery.

·
Piacere di guidare
1,474 Posts
Sorry - no dice for May, guaranteed. Those slots have been gone for weeks. You may need to scramble to secure a June date.

·
Freude am Fahren
438 Posts
I highly doubt anyone here can tell you with any level of certainty. Only BMWNA ED department knows for sure. Anecdotally, at the beginning of March, my CA told me that May was already pretty-much booked.

·
Piacere di guidare
1,474 Posts
I'm speaking with certainty regarding the availability of May dates. I requested an end of May date at the end of February and didn't get it. It took days of serious string-pulling with folks in NJ and MUC to get May 30, and that was three weeks ago.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Gents,
If I want to do my ED pickup at the Welt in August, how early should I place the order? I was planning on placing the order in mid-May.... Thanks!

·
Happily Driving
7,160 Posts
Gents,
If I want to do my ED pickup at the Welt in August, how early should I place the order? I was planning on placing the order in mid-May.... Thanks!
You can never get your pre-reservation in early enough, especially if your travel date isn't flexible.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Gents,
It does not cost anything to place the order now. I never had to give the deposit at least not with the guy I've recommended.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I was requesting end of june last week and got the first date I chose. I've heard that weekends might be at a bigger premium, but I was asking for a Wednesday.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ugh, my CA just told me that end of May wouldn’t be a problem; I’m guessing he hasn’t checked with BMWNA Euro Delivery yet. Guess I’ll be expecting a phone call.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone seen airfare prices yet. They are ridiculous. Damn fuel surcharges and taxes are roughy 700 USD alone. That on top of not having my car back stateside until August is making one anxious person.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your CA is able to confirm a May date I would be interested to know. I ideally would like to do a pre-Memorial day delivery. Feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
OP: Good luck. I tried to get a May date 2 weeks ago from a very experienced CA and was told mid-June was the earliest. I couldn't make June work so I ended up buying stateside.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts