BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
AT LAW
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

I just called a BMW in Cedar Rapids, IA about a new 2016 535xDrive they have listed for sale.
It has a window sticker of approximately $75,000.00 -- nicely equipped.

I asked the salesman how the leases were and he said they were very good right now.

He quoted me $1,000 per month for 36 months on this particular vehicle.........with $8,000.00
as a down payment.

Seems fair to me.... :thumbup:

·
6 RINGS
8,457 Posts
Good Afternoon,

I just called a BMW in Cedar Rapids, IA about a new 2016 535xDrive they have listed for sale.
It has a window sticker of approximately $75,000.00 -- nicely equipped.

I asked the salesman how the leases were and he said they were very good right now.

He quoted me $1,000 per month for 36 months on this particular vehicle.........with $8,000.00
as a down payment.

Seems fair to me.... :thumbup:
That seems like an excellent deal....

·
Liked when BMW was in F1
977 Posts
Please tell me you signed on the spot! Otherwise i may actually reach out to him.:tsk:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
What, is the sales price above sticker? LOl!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is it "buy one get one free" ?

·
Serial Leasee
843 Posts
comes with free massage from the dealer too ......

·
Registered
234 Posts
Seriously, if I owned that dealership and I knew that sales guy said that to a potential customer I would fire the guy on the spot.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lets contact them and do a group buy!!!

·
6 RINGS
8,457 Posts
Id offer 10k down just because the CA cut you such a great deal.

If OP is willing to travel or get the care shipped he can score a great deal.

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
Too late... I took it!!!!
That is okay, I forwarded some Sales and BMW Financial friends others contact info from this thread and they are chomping at the bit to sign willing customers at these rates.

So out of curiosity, what's a fair deal for this car? Wondering what a 16 should go for right now.
You could cut OP's money down in half and still be less than 1% MSRP per month. As transparent as TrueCar is supposed to be, there is still room for negotiation with very little leg work.

·
AT LAW
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After I quickly hung up the phone with this salesman, I thought to myself how that dealership could quote a price like that in all seriousness.

I know ethics and car dealerships typically don't go hand-in-hand, however, there has to be a point.

After I told the salesman I had leased 7 BMW's in my life and know the market/price fairly well, he said he was all in and had no more room.

In defense of the salesman, it sounded like he had just started that morning and was likely selling another product the day before.

It boils down to a fishing game for the unscrupulous dealer. I suppose every once in a while, they catch an unsuspecting buyer who is just lucky to find a 5 Series at such a great price.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts