BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. OK. OK.

I finally have it, I have the religion. I have only had one for a couple of months. Yes, got a ticket, first in 20 years.

It’s not that it looks good. It’s not that it’s fast. It’s not that it is good on gas. It’s not any of that other crap that someone might tell you to sell it to you.

It corners like a mother.

I need to find new roads. The ticket I received was not me. It was the car.

It is looking for the curves. ;)

·
Super Moderator
20,968 Posts
:bustingup

Wingspan's first ticket: Age 17, returning home from an errand a little late, in Mom's new '78 320i. Caught the green turn light onto Backlick Road, Fairfax County from a side street. Thought, hey, why not stand on it. Descending on the approach, second gear, a little wide of the turn, turn in, throttle on through the corner, got a little squirrely but was on the gas on exit and nailed it so the car was straight up.

Unfortunately, all this occured in the plain view of a Fairfax Cty cop who, needless to say, was not impressed at all. :(

$76.00, which was a lot of money at the time.

I understand. :thumbup:

·
Family Man User
5,622 Posts
wingspan said:
:bustingup

Wingspan's first ticket: Age 17, returning home from an errand a little late, in Mom's new '78 320i. Caught the green turn light onto Backlick Road, Fairfax County from a side street. Thought, hey, why not stand on it. Descending on the approach, second gear, a little wide of the turn, turn in, throttle on through the corner, got a little squirrely but was on the gas on exit and nailed it so the car was straight up.

Unfortunately, all this occured in the plain view of a Fairfax Cty cop who, needless to say, was not impressed at all. :(

$76.00, which was a lot of money at the time.

I understand. :thumbup:
Hey, you grew up in Fx County? :thumbup: Where'd you go to HS?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.