BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 528i

Does anyone know where I can get a legit one? Like not some fake piece of ****..I'm really trying to get a black carbon fiber one. I've seen some sites with them, but I dont know how good the quality is. Anyone know of any good sites for stuff like this? Sites the recommend, or even used before?

Thanks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I got mine off ebay (carbon fiber)

its not a decal or cheap sticker - its real carbon fiber cut and fit into the eblem

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Oh ok..Well does anyone know if its hard to take out the original and put in the new one?
Not at all you can use flat screw driver lay towel on the car to protect it and pry it up...they are way easy to take off...if you get a new one get the rubber grommets

·
Coole Russen
1,304 Posts
Not at all you can use flat screw driver lay towel on the car to protect it and pry it up...they are way easy to take off...if you get a new one get the rubber grommets
+1 really easy to remove.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I know some people also use wax coated floss, just slide it behind the emblem and pull.

grommets can be found in any hardware store or wallmart picture hanging section. 1" anchors

·
Registered
18 Posts
and don't be tempted to glue it or fix it more firmly .. the first kid to try and steal it will bend the panel work instead of just scratching the paint !!

I got a full set from the Bay - wheels, front/back steering wheel and tyre valve caps. You need to be careful which ones you choose, but good ones are pretty nice.

Can't provide "in-situ" photos right now (the cAr's a mess after doing the hifi-computer install) but I'm putting the car in for a polish and Waxoyl protection on Wednesday, and the wheels are not being renovated in another month or so. Maybe then ...

you can use flat screw driver lay towel on the car to protect it and pry it up
I actually used an egg spoon and a towel .. the bottom of the spoon is rounder than a screwdriver so it is less prone to digging in. Work around the roundel lifting only a little bit at a time. Focus on the left/right .. IIRC the pins are in a left-right orientation. If you want to keep the old ones intact, the wheels need to come off before you can take out the emblems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts