BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - been a darn long time since I posted, but back in the fray while considering ordering one of the last wagons to hit US soil...

Question is: does anyone have experience with either of these scenarios?

1) I'm looking at the M sport "line" plus the Track Handling package. The BMWUSA.com configurator seems to force the wheels to the 398 orbit grey wheel which I find hideous. I want the 400M which are standard M Sport before the Track Handling package is applied; or would even settle for style 397

2) I guess I am old school and do not like the black "shadowline" window trim. I want the chrome that is available on Sport or Luxury lines

So are these modifications possible by a BMW dealer building the car? Would there be any extra cost?

THANKS!!

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
If you weren't doing ED you might be able to get your dealer to swap wheels when the car is delivered to the dealership. With ED, there may be an option in your dealer's online ordering system that would allow them to specify a different wheel/tire combo, but I wouldn't count on it.

As for the window trim, I think that it would be virtually impossible to have this changed by BMW. Your only option would be to have a body shop change it for you after ED, but it will be costly, costing hundreds of dollars for the trim alone.

·
Aviator
2,930 Posts
No chance on an ED - zero, nada, zip on wheel substitutions. OP can pay $$$ and get them swapped by the dealer upon re-delivery in the States.

NA won't break apart US packages, and won't swap wheels. Period.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts