BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 12" woofers in my 02 745i trunk, the problem is the trunk and everything else around it rattles like crazy, plus the bass is very compact because of the well sealed trunk.i added dynamat but it didnt make much difference.so im thinking about cut a hole through the rear seat where the skibaag hole should be. hopefully this will kill the rattle plus expand the bass. any advise?

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Uhh post up some pics dino:thumbup:. That prob is the best thing to do for sound...not 4 resale though, Im not a fan of cutting sheet metal.

·
jcarey
115 Posts
I have two 12" woofers in my 02 745i trunk, the problem is the trunk and everything else around it rattles like crazy, plus the bass is very compact because of the well sealed trunk.i added dynamat but it didnt make much difference.so I'm thinking about cut a hole through the rear seat where the skibaag hole should be. hopefully this will kill the rattle plus expand the bass. any advise?
Go for it, there are many E38ers that did this too it is the best way to get the subs ported into the cabin. When you want the bass to really push, open the rear seat center armrest to open the port completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts