BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to a specific contact point at BMW, where I can elevate what I see as a pretty outrageous experience I have recently had at the hands of customer relations.

I am not wanting to go into too much detail here because it would take a lot of explaining but I am confident that any reasonable person would agree with my assertion. Indeed the dealership that currently has my car, has said as much. To the extent they have worn some of the costs as a result. My issue is not with them.

My issues are with customer relations and trusting they would make good on their promises, only to be stonewalled and then denied for reasons largely of their own making. If anyone has had to go through this process you will know that you can never actually speak to the people who make decisions, up the chain. They hide behind the representatives and supervisors in the call center.

I am of the belief that any senior figure, with a genuine interest in good customer experience and the bigger picture, would not let this stand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
10,704 Posts
I had something really bad happen to my new BMW years ago. It was corrected totally to my satisfaction, and it kept me as a BMW customer.

Letters get passed up the chain, and somebody gets assigned the task of answering them and submitting that answer to their boss. Phone calls don't.

Sometimes in life, you have to settle is getting 80% or 90% of what you want, realizing that getting that last 10% or 20% is not a sure thing and will be an unpleasant experience. There was some BF-er recently, I don't remember the details, but has something really bad happen to his car. The dealer or BMW, I don't remember which, made was seemed to me to be a reasonable effort to fix the problem. But the BF-er wasn't satisfied. If a dealership, or BMW, or anybody concludes they're in for a knock-down, drag-out fight no mater what, they don't make any effort to fix the problem early. They might as well spend their effort digging fox holes and filling sand bags.

The other "trick" is that the best ally you can have when dealing with a car manufacturer is a dealership that you have bought cars from and had cars serviced at for years. If you're not happy, that means that they could lose a valuable customer. One of the things that BMW dealerships are rated by BMW NA on customer retention. So, you problem can also be the dealership's problem.

Years after I had my problem corrected, I bought a BMW for Frau Putzer. I tracked down the dealers general manager to was instrumental in getting my problem solved years early. I asked him to call whomever he dealt with at BMW NA back in the day and tell that person that I'd bought another BMW, and it was only because of what BMW did back in the day..

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,199 Posts
+1
The positives need to be stated just as loudly as the negatives, we need to prove that it matters.
To the OP,
There is no real target that you speak of. BMWNA is the highest court in this land if that is what you want to do.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Personally, I don't think the e60 forum is a place to bring anything of this sort to the table. You have a 9 year old car at best. It's worth $10 grand at most. What were you doing at a BMW stealership with your some teen year old e60 in the first place? Oh, and customer relations? WTF is that at all? By the way, BMW customer service has been illusory since the beginning, only serving those with at least 6 figure salaries. It's broken? You bring it in, they do "****" to it that doesn't need to be done, call it fixed and serve you a bill that's in tens of thousands. Meanwhile you get to drive a nice 5 or 7 series loaner for a week. Money talks! Customer relations my ARS!

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,538 Posts
Looking at OPie***8217;s previous posts, it appears that his issue may be a reportedly failed transmission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had something really bad happen to my new BMW years ago. It was corrected totally to my satisfaction, and it kept me as a BMW customer.

Letters get passed up the chain, and somebody gets assigned the task of answering them and submitting that answer to their boss. Phone calls don't.

Could not agree with you more. Throughout all my communications have been in writing (email)- But BMW CR will not respond that way, for obvious reasons I would venture. Still I have my records. My intention was to write a old fashioned letter.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Personally, I don't think the e60 forum is a place to bring anything of this sort to the table. You have a 9 year old car at best. It's worth $10 grand at most. What were you doing at a BMW stealership with your some teen year old e60 in the first place? Oh, and customer relations? WTF is that at all? By the way, BMW customer service has been illusory since the beginning, only serving those with at least 6 figure salaries. It's broken? You bring it in, they do "****" to it that doesn't need to be done, call it fixed and serve you a bill that's in tens of thousands. Meanwhile you get to drive a nice 5 or 7 series loaner for a week. Money talks! Customer relations my ARS!
Looking at OPie's previous posts, it appears that his issue may be a reportedly failed transmission.
Yep, thread is pointless. It's a used car and nobody knows how hard the car was beat on prior to OP's ownership.
OP, do yourself a favor and learn about the main issues with said vehicles. Your posts about the tranny problem indicate nothing but trust in your mechanics with no research indicated behind likely issues. Have you checked into changing the shift solenoids? Fluid/Filter? Mechatronic Sleeve?

Why bother writing or calling anyone at BMW about a USED CAR?? :dunno:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason I did not go into detail was I didn't want to waste anyone's time. I was simply asking if anyone had a referral in what I thought the most appropriate section for the car we have. I was hoping to avoid judgemental lectures from people based on limited info but given I got that anyway: ;)

My car is still at the dealership (200 miles from where I live) because that is where BMW CR insisted it had to go to have the court ordered work undertaken as part of the class action settlement, plus for a further recall. I would have preferred to have it done by my BMW cert mechanic but that was not an option. But again, the dealership have been decent, better than decent in fact.

You mention the value of the car and the salary. Given our experience I would have to agree with you on the customer relations sentiment and the face value BMW place on their customers. This is part of my issue. This is my wife's car. She has taken care of it. She is also a snr exec above the salary band you reference. Successful people don't HAVE to drive brand new cars. Yet, ironically, had corporate BMW honored their spoken word, we had planned to drive home in a new car. As matters stand they have lost customers and ones with a negative experience to share with others, for life.

I wanted to give someone in seniority a chance to redress this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, thread is pointless. It's a used car and nobody knows how hard the car was beat on prior to OP's ownership.
OP, do yourself a favor and learn about the main issues with said vehicles. Your posts about the tranny problem indicate nothing but trust in your mechanics with no research indicated behind likely issues. Have you checked into changing the shift solenoids? Fluid/Filter? Mechatronic Sleeve?

Why bother writing or calling anyone at BMW about a USED CAR?? :dunno:
Please refer to my previous reply. My issue has NOTHING to do with transmission (long since dealt with).

I had NO option but to take the car to a dealership if I wanted to get known and accepted liability faults dealt with. I had NO option but to deal with BMW customer relations in getting the recalls addressed.

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,240 Posts
You seem to be intimating that BMW has failed to correct "accepted liability faults" or messed something else up when fixing "accepted liability faults". More information might be useful.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You seem to be intimating that BMW has failed to correct "accepted liability faults" or messed something else up when fixing "accepted liability faults". More information might be useful.
Unless you can help OP "elevate what he sees as a pretty outrageous experience he has recently had at the hands of customer relations" then you're only hindering resolution of heretofore unmentionable wrongs.
We must keep information obfuscated, lest it end up in the wrong hands.
Loose lips sink stitches, and snitches get ships.

Come now, OP, spilleth thine beans!

·
Registered
995 Posts
The reason I did not go into detail was I didn't want to waste anyone's time. I was simply asking if anyone had a referral in what I thought the most appropriate section for the car we have. I was hoping to avoid judgemental lectures from people based on limited info but given I got that anyway: ;)

My car is still at the dealership (200 miles from where I live) because that is where BMW CR insisted it had to go to have the court ordered work undertaken as part of the class action settlement, plus for a further recall. I would have preferred to have it done by my BMW cert mechanic but that was not an option. But again, the dealership have been decent, better than decent in fact.

You mention the value of the car and the salary. Given our experience I would have to agree with you on the customer relations sentiment and the face value BMW place on their customers. This is part of my issue. This is my wife's car. She has taken care of it. She is also a snr exec above the salary band you reference. Successful people don't HAVE to drive brand new cars. Yet, ironically, had corporate BMW honored their spoken word, we had planned to drive home in a new car. As matters stand they have lost customers and ones with a negative experience to share with others, for life.

I wanted to give someone in seniority a chance to redress this.
Things are beginning to make more sense here. I myself am also above that bracket and avoid the stealership with a passion. Personally, I take pride in having a nearly 14 year old, last of the naturally aspirated power houses, in brand new condition. Anything to do with corporate ANYBODY, be it BMW or TOYOTA, is the same ugly song. I wouldn't hate on the brand just because corporate donks are a bunch of self important a$$holes.

I had to buy few parts at the stealership on couple of occasions and everytime I'm met with an attitude that shows disrespect until I take out a huge stack of cash from my pocket to pay for the merchandise (I do the stack of cash trick on purpose to get their F$#[email protected] egos down to below my belt). Oh, and every time they had a salesman show up and try to get me in a brand new M car or something. In any case, I avoid them even with recalls. It's just not worth it.

On a side note, I don't understand why you agreed to have your car taken to BMW dealer few hundred miles from your location. I would have told them where they will fix it, not the other way around, given that it's a BMW dealership (of course).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts