BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my 330Ci at Cutter Motors on Saturday (May 25th - I've been too busy to do the write-up!). Every step in the production/shipping/delivery process went perfectly, and Franco pushed to get the car ready by Saturday (thanks again Franco!). If it wasn't for him begging the prep guys to do it that Friday evening, I would have had to wait another week to pick it up.

The Whole Enchilada
After months of debate, I finally ordered Titanium Silver with Gray Leather, Navi, SP, Xenon, and a manual tranny (no debate there! heh). I wanted the rear sunshade option (415) as well, but the wait would have been two more weeks to do that. Being carless, I couldn't hold out any longer so I went ahead and ordered the car without it. I ordered through Franco from Cutter over the Internet at the end of March, and production started right away. Seven weeks and dozens of calls to BMWNA later it arrived - right on time to the day.

Scott (scottn2retro) drove me up to Cutter (2.5 hours or so) and we arrived at about 3pm. We walked into the showroom and there it was... glowing under the xenon showroom lights with a big white bow on the hood. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Wow!

I snapped a few pics and Franco walked up and introduced himself. It was nice to finally meet him in person. Then Jon came out and introduced himself as well. Cutter Motors is very lucky to have those two!

I walked around the car a bit and snapped a few more shots (okay a ton more heh). Then it was off to do the paperwork. This only took about twenty minutes or so, and there were no unpleasant surprises or hassles. This was the part I had worried about for seven weeks, but it turned out to be totally painless. Actually, Franco added a few pleasant surprises that I wasn't expecting that were really nice; I'm not going to mention them here because I wouldn't want people to expect them (as he might not always be able to offer them). :D

A pic of the interior. I wasn't sure of the silver trim with gray leather at first, but now I actually prefer it over wood.

Franco showed me some features in the car (navi, under the hood, that sort of stuff).

The mysterious Franco about to give me a tour of the car. I don't know how he put up with me. What a guy!

Then he pulled the car out of the showroom...

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...and put it in the 'circle of doom' for some more pics. They couldn't get rid of me so quick! :D

Look at that face. It was giving me that 'why the hell aren't you driving me' look. :eek:

Of course we took the diploma/key handover pic. I am starting to get more comfortable with my appearance so I went ahead and posted this pic. Ignore the socks.

Then, with 9 miles on the odometer, I was off. Luckily I didn't stall it on the lot... I hate when that happens! ;) This was actually the first time I had been behind the wheel of a 330Ci; I loved it even more than I thought I would!

I drove it off the lot and headed for home on 101 with a number of detours to properly break in the engine. I pulled off the road and called some people in my family that I promised I would call.

This is where I stopped to make my calls. Good thing I had my navi to guide me back onto 101, because I had no clue where I was. :D

I took the scenic route home... and had the first part of PCH to myself! Woohoo!

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole experience couldn't have been better. I want to thank Franco again for his patience with me and most of all his honesty. Jon was great too, specifically in expediting the paperwork and making me feel comfortable through the whole thing. Jon: don't forget about my offer! :thumb:

My last stop, I think it was somewhere near Mulholland.

PCH was really quiet... I was standing in the fast lane to take this pic. I was too tired to drive the canyons so I just headed home.

I am *loving* my car, and the delivery experience made it that much better. If you're looking for a new car I highly recommend Cutter, even if you aren't in the area. It is definitely worth the drive!

Anyhow, thanks for reading. :D

--SONET

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
RE:

SONET said:
If you're looking for a new car I highly recommend Cutter, even if you aren't in the area. It is definitely worth the drive!

--SONET
Dammit SONET, enough already! The check'$ in the mail...

:thumb:

Thanks again from your friends in Santa Barbara!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Nice write-up. Again, congrats. :thumb:

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. And I'll be on the lookout for my check Jon. ;)

I was sure that somebody would notice my 'stop any time' sign in the second-to-last pic. Oh well heh. It used to read 'no stopping any time', but I didn't want to incriminate myself. :D

--SONET

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
hey bro grats on your car, the pics are great, my car looked identical when i got mine about 2 weeks before you got yours hah
i got a couple different options though...
hey i had a question for you, where do you get your nickname from... im curious because i work on something called
SONET
synchronous optical networks heh

anyways talk to ya soon :dunno:

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dredmo said:

hey i had a question for you, where do you get your nickname from... im curious because i work on something called
SONET
synchronous optical networks
Thanks...

Yep that's where I got it. :D

--SONET

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
damn thats pretty cool send me an email and tell me where ya work and what you do, the part i work on, is all microwave radio transport using alcatel equipment, sts 1 and ec1 about 50+ ds3 per radio site, anyways hope to hear form ya

[email protected]

kinda odd two people with same job order identical cars.. almost hah

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're actually not in the same line of work... it was merely an interest of mine for a while and I adopted the nick because nobody else was using it anywhere. It's a long story... not that I'd ever pass for normal or anything. :D

--SONET

1 - 11 of 11 Posts