BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Satruday edition of the Wall Street Journal has a nice article on a Beer Tour of the Czech Republic. They have an Itinerary of a week through 5 towns and 5 Breweries. According to the article you can get a free booklet, "Beer travels in the Czech Republic" from the Czech Tourist Office in New York, CzechTourism USA, 1109 Madison Ave. NY NY 10028. :drink:

According to the Article, rooms at the Breweries are around $50. a night with the restaurants charging $5 for entrees and $1 for a half liter of beer. :thumbup: One even features a Beer Soaking Spa at Chodovar.

I tried to get a link to the article but it only works if you have an on line subscrition to the WSJ.

If you are headed to the Czech Republic, I suggest you pick up a copy of the article as it has both Breweries and sights on the drive. Longest stretch on their itinerary is 7 hours and the rest are 2-4 hours, not counting time from Munich.

Cheers

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Nice!!! I will be in Krakow, Poland and Munich this August for beer. For all those beer drinker's doing an ED I would also recommend: The Beer Drinker's Guide to Munich, by Larry Hawthorne. There are directions to each brewery/beer garden and to top it off free beer coupons that also make the book pay for itself in the long run! :beerchug: Best of luck!

·
Registered
177 Posts
X3 Skier said:
The Satruday edition of the Wall Street Journal has a nice article on a Beer Tour of the Czech Republic. They have an Itinerary of a week through 5 towns and 5 Breweries. According to the article you can get a free booklet, "Beer travels in the Czech Republic" from the Czech Tourist Office in New York, CzechTourism USA, 1109 Madison Ave. NY NY 10028. :drink:

According to the Article, rooms at the Breweries are around $50. a night with the restaurants charging $5 for entrees and $1 for a half liter of beer. :thumbup: One even features a Beer Soaking Spa at Chodovar.

I tried to get a link to the article but it only works if you have an on line subscrition to the WSJ.

If you are headed to the Czech Republic, I suggest you pick up a copy of the article as it has both Breweries and sights on the drive. Longest stretch on their itinerary is 7 hours and the rest are 2-4 hours, not counting time from Munich.

Cheers
"The Ultimate Beer Run in the Czech Republic." This is currently on the NYT site. I thought it might be the same as theWSJ article last week but its new. Looks like the place to be.

http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/08/06/travel/06Beer.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts