BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
C code: 405/3
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's bad, she's bad. She's an english bulldog and ugly as sin but kind of cute in an old volkswagen beetle kind of way. The old gal decided to have a chew on the cover for the 6 cd changer in the back of the coupe.
Mind you, it serves me right for leaving it out while I was cleaning/spritzing the back. She grabbed it and ran like the dickens. I didn't discover her involvement until later when I was ready to put the stuff back in.
If you or a friend has a lead on one, preferrably black, but I'll take a tan one if I can't find a black one, I'll be in your debt forever.
The dealer doesn't sell just the door/cover, it comes with the whole panel for about 1 million dollars.
Suggestions?
-John C.
 

·
19,585 Miles
Joined
·
11,141 Posts
Johnz3mc said:
The dealer doesn't sell just the door/cover, it comes with the whole panel for about 1 million dollars.
Suggestions?
-John C.
Cover black: Part number 51 47 8 407 258 $58 retail.
Have your dealer look under group 51, diagram 51_2423, item 11.
 

·
19,585 Miles
Joined
·
11,141 Posts
Johnz3mc said:
The dealer doesn't sell just the door/cover, it comes with the whole panel for about 1 million dollars.
Suggestions?
-John C.
The million dollar panel, part number 51 47 8 407 140 retails for $78.75 over here.
 

·
C code: 405/3
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Ron,

Ron Stygar said:
The million dollar panel, part number 51 47 8 407 140 retails for $78.75 over here.
I'm always amazed at the scope of your knowledge and what's equally impressive is how willing you are to help us common folks.
I've looked at the complete panel and wondered if I could get just the cover and when I enquired at the dealership, the gal behind the counter told me that the door/cover was a part of the whole panel.
Well, I'm going to take your part number for the cover only and march right back down there and state my case for a new door sans toothmarks.
Ron, if you're ever in the Victoria BC area, give me a heads up of 2 minutes and I'll show you many wonderful pubs in the area and spring for dinner. Heck, I'll even come and paint your house.
Thanks again, and little Daisy Duke thanks you too.
Ron, do you have a dog? Do you want one?
-John C.
 

·
Rocket Scientist
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Just keep Daisy away from that car cover!

Johnz3mc said:
She's bad, she's bad. She's an english bulldog and ugly as sin but kind of cute in an old volkswagen beetle kind of way. The old gal decided to have a chew on the cover for the 6 cd changer in the back of the coupe.
Mind you, it serves me right for leaving it out while I was cleaning/spritzing the back. She grabbed it and ran like the dickens. I didn't discover her involvement until later when I was ready to put the stuff back in.
If you or a friend has a lead on one, preferrably black, but I'll take a tan one if I can't find a black one, I'll be in your debt forever.
The dealer doesn't sell just the door/cover, it comes with the whole panel for about 1 million dollars.
Suggestions?
-John C.
 

·
C code: 405/3
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5 Rakete said:
Just keep Daisy away from that car cover!
Good memory,
Thanks again for the great transaction and you bet, little Daisy Duke isn't even allowed in the room where the cover is kept. It's behind two locked doors and she doesn't have a key to either.
She's sleeping nearby and I can hear her snoring, probably plotting how to get into the room. I'll be ever vigilant.
-John C.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top