BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here we go again. I drive a 2003 540 6-speed M Sport. I hit debris on the freeway which cracked the corner of my front bumper cover.

Previous damage was at $1,800 but paid for by a glass company that was repairing my windshield and drove over a parking stall barrier, backed up and ripped it completely off my vehicle in front of me. This time it is on my dime.

Any ideas of where to get a replacement? I am looking to save some $$$'s on this repair for obvious reasons...

Any help would be appreciated. I am in the Sacramento area. Thanks!

·
crazy bimmer driver
445 Posts
DDMtuning.com has a m style bumper for 177

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas! Anyone know how difficult it is to remove the old one and replace with a new painted one? Or better yet, can anyone recomend someone in the Sacramento Area that might be willing to do the job? Body shops want outrageous $$$'s

Again, thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hey Cdanley, if you want I'll give you a hand, I live in Sacramento as well. Like Shwell advised, it's really not that hard......

·
Brand Loyal
344 Posts
I'm having a hard time following your story, but if it was me, I'd suck it up and get the OE bumper and have it professionally painted. You've got a special car there with the year and styling package, and if for no other reason, you're talking about a car worth in the low to mid $20's. If you ever want to sell it, odds are high that the buyer will be "one of us" and spot the aftermarket bumper, which casts doubt on everything else on the car. Of course, this is just my opinion, but if I found it, I'd probably walk on a deal no doubt.

I think you can probably find an OE cover primed for about $550, and I just got an estimate for a refin on mine and it was about $300 to $350. It's always going to be cheaper if it's a new primed part than for a shop to sand and refinish.

Also, depending on the color of your car, you want to find a good shop with a good painter. If you car is silver, find a really good painter or risk a lousy match.

As they say, "Buy the bargain and be happy for a little while, or buy the best and be happy for a lifetime"... or something like that. You've got one of the best cars on the planet. Doesn't she deserve better than that? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts