Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe it. I drive up to the house to find my place vandalized and an American flag improperly planted in the front yard! (my wife is Asian - Vietnamese to be specific). :mad:

What's up with that? My wife was understandably upset. I reported it to the police and they came out and took a report for vandalism and possible hate crime.

I think we have a good relationship with everyone in the neighborhood. I certainly don't want to believe that Huntington Beach is that kind of city.

Hopefully it's just some dumb punk @ss kids that have nothing better to do. :banghead:

We'll see - I may have to ask you guys for tips on setting up a video surveilence(sp) system :dunno:

:flipoff: Vandals!

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
Wow, Scott, that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.

You're probably right that it's just some punk-ass kids, though. At least I hope that's the only issue you have to deal with.

What a crappy way to start the weekend.

:thumbdwn:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Damn that sucks.

Don't know what to say man...The biggest vandalism problem I've ever dealt with is my neighbor's stupid dog sh*tting on my lawn. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That sucks scott...to think I was pissed of a few hours ago when I got home and found someone had smashed my mailbox. I felt violated, but, that can't compare at all to what happened to you.

Sorry man.....Doug

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
My wife is Laos, and while, we have never faced this problem, I can only imiganie what you might be going through. Sorry to hear it, I hope it was no hate crime.

·
^yup, it's me^
2,215 Posts
Sorry to hear of it

What's up with all these lame ass idiots that do this crap? Not two days ago some low life keyed my car. :flipoff: (OK, so it's not quite in the same league of some narrow minded bigitory.) Since this incident I have been contemplating what makes people ( I use this term loosely) act this way. I have no answers, but the thought process behind acts of this nature escapes me. Just remember (I am reinforcing this on myself as well) that there are a great many people in the world that have respect and compassion for their fellow humans. Focus on the positive and life is much better. :banghead: Maybe the law will find the guy and we can replant that flag. :thumbup:

Anybody know of a great bodyshop in LA? Preferably the SFV.:D

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The whole thing is weird . . .

About 6 months ago I had a bunch of light fixtures broken, but no other 'message', so I wrote it off as kids. In a beach town, you get lots of foot traffic.

The wierd thing this time was the upside down flag on a stick stuck in the front yard, but the stick was short enough so that half the flag was laying on the ground. I check around the neighborhood and see if someone got their flag ripped off.

The hacked up plants is no big deal, but the busted light fixtures are not cheap (about $100 each).

Maybe whamac can help me come up with a way to make my fixtures vandal-resistant :dunno:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I'd be getting a camera set up to videotape the perps. Do it twice, they'll do it again.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Hey I'm sorry to hear about this... :cry: :( I hope you catch the creeps that did this... definitely set up a video camera.... ;)

My suggestion would be to take care of them yourself... I'm sure you could do a much better job then the system out there... ;) :p

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good News!

Well, if you can call it that. I found out that the flag was taken from another house in the neighborhood, which I think means we're just dealing with regular run of the mill vandals. I returned the flag to it's owners and Doug Whalen has said he'll see if we can find some way to make my lights more vandal resistant. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts