Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recorded messages are the worst.

One line rings and I pick up the phone. "Hello, the following is an important announcement for senior citizens" Click...hang up....

Right when I hang up, the other line rings. Since I wasn't using the two line phone, I have to run to get it. Pick it up, "Hello, the following is an important announcement for senior citizens"

:mad: :mad:
No seniors live here damn it! :mad:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
nate328Ci said:
:mad: :mad:
You could invite Vexed over so someone will be willing to take those calls:)

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
nate328Ci said:
what a great company. They're investing in the future :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm about ready to put my name on that list so that you don't get called all the time!! Something that the local goverment is lining up. I wonder if it will get rid of 50% of the calls?? Supposably if one of thoses telemarketers that are on the list that I sign up for calls me I get 10k ;O)

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
I'm about ready to put my name on that list so that you don't get called all the time!! Something that the local goverment is lining up. I wonder if it will get rid of 50% of the calls?? Supposably if one of thoses telemarketers that are on the list that I sign up for calls me I get 10k ;O)
I got on the Missouri state No-call list a year ago when it started. Since then I've had one telemarketer call that I remember. It works great! The Attorney General's office does go after offenders.

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
i wonder what the rate of return is for telemarketers

i can't believe that telemarketing has any success but yet it still occurs. are companies that stupid that they feel telemarketing is even a viable option/investment? but i guess it must be working or otherwise all these telemarketing companies would be out of business by now.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I love telemarketers.

I figure if they've taken the time to call me, I should atleast take the time to harass them.

The fun lines I use are:
No they just left for dinner
No they are in the shower
I work for your competition (if sprint calls I work for AT&T etc...) I also tell them that if I switched to their product "my ass would be canned" that usually throws them for a curve
Then there are the more crude responses,
He's in the shower j-ing off
No he can't come to the phone he's watching a prono
Sure I'd love to hear what you have to say, but I'm on the toilet right now please proceed.
Can't take your call I have to go kick the dog

·
Registered
848 Posts
nate328Ci said:
The recorded messages are the worst.

One line rings and I pick up the phone. "Hello, the following is an important announcement for senior citizens" Click...hang up....

Right when I hang up, the other line rings. Since I wasn't using the two line phone, I have to run to get it.....
Damn rich people with their 2 phone lines and 2 line phones:p

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
If you tell them to put you on their 'no-call list' they will go away. If they don't, if you document it you can sue them and win - no contest. There are people that make good money doing this with spammers and telemarketers.

If you tell them they are calling you on your cell phone, they will go away. They have prefix blocks, but they aren't perfect and they know it. It is illegal for them to solicit to cell phones.

If you simply say that you aren't interested, they can and will call back. This is the worst thing you can do.

They even call back if you say the person they are calling for is dead (or they say, "Oh, well then would you be interested in $WORTHLESS_JUNK?" Insensitive bastages). Yes, I am serious.

Good luck...

--SONET

·
^yup, it's me^
2,215 Posts
you can always waste their time.
TM: "Is this Mr. your name here?"
ME:"No, hold on a minute and I'll go get him." put phone on hold for a minute or two. Come back on line and say that he will be right with them. put phone on hold for a minute or two. come back online and introduce yourself then pretend to be interupted. Hold hand over mouthpiece while mumbling or pretending to in converstation with someone, come back and apologize and pretend to get another line quickly put them on hold for a minute or two. Longest I ever had one stay online was a half an hour. Funny he never did get to do his pitch before the phone disconnected. Most of them hang up and are never heard from again.

·
Vietato
21,927 Posts
I screen all my calls. I have answering machine answer for me. If I hear somebody on the phone that I know, then I pick up the phone. I think the telemarketers will drop you from their list if you don't answer your phone after so many calls.

You could by a "tele-zapper" box from Radio Shack that can tell if the telemarketers is calling you. What it does is send a signal back to the caller and the computer thinks the phone line is disconnected or something and so the computer removes your phone number from their list. But, it doesn't effect people with regular or fax machine calling your number.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
I have an unlisted phone number. It costs me the princely sum of 28¢ per month. I don't receive any calls from telemarketers.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Damn telemarketers

Chipster said:

Damn rich people with their 2 phone lines and 2 line phones:p
3 lines :p

1 is a never used data/fax line :eek:

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Chipster said:
I love telemarketers.

I figure if they've taken the time to call me, I should atleast take the time to harass them.

The fun lines I use are:
No they just left for dinner
No they are in the shower
I work for your competition (if sprint calls I work for AT&T etc...) I also tell them that if I switched to their product "my ass would be canned" that usually throws them for a curve
Then there are the more crude responses,
He's in the shower j-ing off
No he can't come to the phone he's watching a prono
Sure I'd love to hear what you have to say, but I'm on the toilet right now please proceed.
Can't take your call I have to go kick the dog
LOL! Those are great. I get called all the time by those jerks...always right at dinner too. Caller ID gives them away, so I don't answer, but maybe next time I will and try out some of these lines..! :lmao:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts