BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have a 93' 318i I have had it for a lil over 3 months now and I did get a great deal on it but it is starting to really piss me off. Most of my anger is because the damn dealership that is like 30 mins away in a whole nother county has really been ****ty on their part of service. My first incident accured when I literally ran into a store for like 5 mins and came back out to find out that my car wouldnt start, then I had to pay someone to tow the car to the dealershio and then have them run a diagnostic on the car to have them tell me that they just put a new set of spark plugs in the car and it fired right up... my problem is that it still didnt tell me why the damn things fouled up so quickly. So yea I pay the $200 that they ****ing charged in labor and services and what not for them to change some damn spark plugs. So no more than like 5 days late pretty much the same problem my car runs one minute and like 5 minutes later the damn thing doesnt even start. So I once again have the car transported to the dealership to find out that when they went to go start it the car fired right up :mad: they tell me that my engine is flooding cus I have an exhaust leak.... I fix the leak and 3 days later the damn thing dies on me again!!!! :bawling: :mad: So I am really getting fed up with the BMW dealership here cus when I went up there the last time I asked them to find out why my car continuosly doesnt start and they didnt do their job... Is there any way to report a bad dealership to headquarters or something? I really would like the help and also would anyone happen to know why I might be having this problem with my car?

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
Independent Business

You will most likely find that the dealer is independent and can do what they wish. You can complain to BMW NA but I doubt it will do much good.
You need to find out what is wrong with your car. What year is this 318? If the car will not start hot but will cold then it could be a lot of things. Have you gone to Autozone to ask them to pull codes for you (assuming the picture you posted is an e36)? That is a good place to start. Also searching out a good independent mechanic would be a good idea.
Now to your problem. As mentioned above it could be many things.
When you try to start the car and eventually get it started does it smell like a lot of gas is coming out of the exhaust? I say that because usually a hard to start engine with fouled plugs is usually a leaking fuel injector or injectors. Cold the gas has had a chance to bleed down but will start.
I have no idea what the problem is but getting some information should allow us to try and help you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts