BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have noticed a damp sort of smell recently when we turn on the A/C... We bought the car with 63k on the odo and it currently has 72k... So we have had it now for about 7 months and its been garage kept ever since. I have replaced the micro filter back in February....

Any suggestions on where I could spray some lysol and/or febreeze to try and stop the smell? It only lasts for 5 seconds or so when the AC first comes on, then it's gone...

I really don't think we have a leak anywhere....but I suppose that might not be 100% true..

:dunno:

· Aficionado
3,058 Posts
Search this forum for "a/c smell", you'll find plenty of info. The Klima-cleaner treatment seems to work well.

· Aficionado
3,058 Posts
Cabin filter won't eliminate this type of odors, this is caused by moisture/mold in the evaporator core.

· Registered
209 Posts
Take a look and make sure water is draining from the evaporater . (water dripping under the car when the a/c is running) If it is plugged up and not draining you will have a hard time getting rid of the smell.

· Registered
209 Posts
The best way is if you have an air source like an air compressor that you can use to blow air in the drain tube. If you don't have air then you need to stick something in the drain to try to open it beiing carefull not to go in to deep. You should be able to find the drain on the firewall toward the bottom.

· Aficionado
3,058 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.