BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

darn acorns

1445 Views 21 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Nordic_Kat
hey guys. its been a while since ive posted, sorry just been super busy.

I left my car out the other night and awoke to about 20 dings in the hood from acorns. Is dent wizard the route to take or is there route i should take to get them fixed.

Thanks. Ill b around more often.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Yep, my office has some too so now I have to park on the other side of the building. Try the ding king, saw it at Auto Zone (may Billy Mays rest in peace).

I left my car out the other night and awoke to about 20 dings in the hood from acorns. Is dent wizard the route to take or is there route i should take to get them fixed.

Is Ding King that thing with suction cups? If it is I heard that after glueing them down and crankin um out you end up with 3 little dents instead of one big dent. If anyone has actual experience chime in, but Dent Wizard has a good rep. around here.

I bet Billy Mays,The Crocodile Hunter, and all the rest of B list entrepreneurs aare laughing their way to the Heavenly Bank right now!!!
Paintless dent repair from a reputable professional shop is the way to go. They can work miracles. Stay away from the bargain places.
:drive:
G O O D G R I E F !! :yikes:

What size are the acorns over there ?!?!? Last acorn I remember seeing quite awhile back (no acorn-bearing trees over here) was the size of a thumbnail! Man, I had hoped the Bimmer had sheet metal thicker than tinfoil.... :(
They must have some 400-foot-tall oak trees in his `hood.... :)
G O O D G R I E F !! :yikes:

What size are the acorns over there ?!?!? Last acorn I remember seeing quite awhile back (no acorn-bearing trees over here) was the size of a thumbnail! Man, I had hoped the Bimmer had sheet metal thicker than tinfoil.... :(
Yup, see the dent wizard at your local dealer. Watch them work on someone elses car first to gauge skill level.
these are not regular acorns, these are DARN ACORNS, they're made of nutanium and weigh 1 pound each.
True, the Oaks on our property are 300+ years old and the tallest stands 391 ft tall.
These acorns are slightly smaller than golfballs. Once when i was a kid i was riding my bike and one hit me in the hand and it made my hand numb for about 30 mins and swelled up like it was broken they HURT.

Thanks for the help, Ill call the local dealer who is dent wizard friendly and see what they can do.
They must have some 400-foot-tall oak trees in his `hood.... :)
I don't know how you measure trees back East, but the tallest accurately-measured tree, a redwood, is waaaay over on the shaky side of the country. Researchers confirmed a few years back that a 379.1-foot tree in Redwood National and State Parks is the world's tallest -- a foot higher, even, than originally thought. And the naturalists who discovered the tree say it's unlikely that they'll find a taller redwood. :tsk:

The tree, which the discoverers named Hyperion, displaced the Stratosphere Giant, a redwood in Humboldt State Park, as the world-record holder. Two other recently-discovered trees in Redwood National Park have also measured taller than the 370.5-foot Stratosphere Giant. :rolleyes:

And unless your acorns are made of some sort of heavy metal, and I mean heavy like platinum-heavy, there's no way on God's green Earth they're dinging your sheetmetal. :rofl:

I'd be looking for a neighborhood kid carrying a ball-peen hammer, but that's just me.. :eeps:
True, the Oaks on our property are 300+ years old and the tallest stands 391 ft tall.
HAHAHAHAHAHa wow typo on me. 91 feet. SORRY not 391 ahhahaha And yes it is the acorns falling on the hood. Ill park it and video it for you.
:rofl:

91 feet! I'll buy that. :thumbup:

Yeah, video these killer acorns, but don't get yourself killed by 'em... :D
We'd hate to have to read the obituaries: "Investigative naturalist reporter beaned to death by DARN ACORNS. Enemy action by angry squirrels is suspected..."
Yeah, video these killer acorns, but don't get yourself killed by 'em... :D
screw CT acorns same thing has happened to me lol
Or Man-Up and get a carbon fiber hood. :bigpimp:Id like to see them DARN ACORNS try to dent that!
hahhaa, Ill video the hood and show you guys the dents. it sux
ha nice!
Is Ding King that thing with suction cups? If it is I heard that after glueing them down and crankin um out you end up with 3 little dents instead of one big dent. If anyone has actual experience chime in, but Dent Wizard has a good rep. around here.

I bet Billy Mays,The Crocodile Hunter, and all the rest of B list entrepreneurs aare laughing their way to the Heavenly Bank right now!!!
Man, when I read the thread title I thought the rogue democrats had attacked your car.

Damn bro, I thought you died. I'll message you on the BB soon.

In for pics :eeps:
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.