Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
only one screen name
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

What do people think about dash cameras? Philadelphia burbs are populated by teh stupids, and I feel like I "need" some records, even if its to blog about it. What do y'all have on board? I talked to an installer yesterday that mentioned that he's heard the cameras interfere with TPS systems? I think that's insane, but has anyone heard of this? He was a BMW specialty shop.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Interested in one that has only the camera module up top, wired to the rest down below.

Ideally, a camera like those found in phones, maybe 2 cm on a side.

can't find one -- anyone seen it?

·
Omni Extaris
6,204 Posts
Hey guys,

What do people think about dash cameras? Philadelphia burbs are populated by teh stupids, and I feel like I "need" some records, even if its to blog about it. What do y'all have on board? I talked to an installer yesterday that mentioned that he's heard the cameras interfere with TPS systems? I think that's insane, but has anyone heard of this? He was a BMW specialty shop.
Long time no see. :)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,805 Posts
I talked to an installer yesterday that mentioned that he's heard the cameras interfere with TPS systems? I think that's insane, but has anyone heard of this? He was a BMW specialty shop.

Never heard this on a BMW, have read the odd complaint on a could of other cars- but IMO likely due to a bad shield or issue - not a routine "all cameras interfere with all TPS"

Long time no see. :)
Yeah I'll say.

;)

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Rather late but I will leave this here. I strongly recommend dash cams and will never drive without one again. Pretty much every incident on the road turns into a he did she did argument. Dash cams, even a front facing only one such as I currently have, remove all that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
+1 on the Thinkware F50. Been running one now for couple years ever since I had a scary incident in which an idiot jumped out of car in front of me and accused me of rear ending them when I didn't. Been thinking of getting same for rear window as well.

·
where da clutch at ?
BMW 128i Convertible E88 N52B Executive Package
2,782 Posts
pity the f50 doesnt have an option for rear,
I would upgrade and get the next one up, which has a connection port for a rear view

I was thinking about that too, but I have a cab, so trying to fit a rear view has problems
also, generally, whoever is behind you is at fault, so decided against it

+1 on the Thinkware F50. Been running one now for couple years ever since I had a scary incident in which an idiot jumped out of car in front of me and accused me of rear ending them when I didn't. Been thinking of getting same for rear window as well.

·
where da clutch at ?
2,782 Posts
especially on road ragers/ brake checkers

Rather late but I will leave this here. I strongly recommend dash cams and will never drive without one again. Pretty much every incident on the road turns into a he did she did argument. Dash cams, even a front facing only one such as I currently have, remove all that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, yes I did actually get the model up from the F50 with the rear camera but returned it since I felt it was much more complicated and not as stealth as the F50 as far as they way it hides behind my rear view mirror. The F50 is so simple, small, and no nonsense, so that's why I'd consider using it in the rear window as well. Good point on it usually being the driver's fault if they hit you from behind...

·
where da clutch at ?
2,782 Posts
Hi, yes I did actually get the model up from the F50 with the rear camera but returned it since I felt it was much more complicated and not as stealth as the F50 as far as they way it hides behind my rear view mirror. The F50 is so simple, small, and no nonsense, so that's why I'd consider using it in the rear window as well. Good point on it usually being the driver's fault if they hit you from behind...
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.