BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a newbie to the bmw family. i just got a 98 528i that did not come with a manual. i know that on the dash average speed, miles to the gallon, and miles left can be displayed. can anyone tell me how to change what is being displayed?:dunno:

·
Registered
49 Posts
you can cycle thru the fuctions via the end button on the turn signal stalk.

Vince

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good question. I was screwing w/the test functions and somehow lost all my OBC displays in the main cluster. I again, somehow figured out how to get mpg and speed back but can't figure out how to get the time and also the date like it was originally programmed.

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
Spinout said:
Good question. I was screwing w/the test functions and somehow lost all my OBC displays in the main cluster. I again, somehow figured out how to get mpg and speed back but can't figure out how to get the time and also the date like it was originally programmed.
Press BC on your radio, that'll get you into the options for it. Then press the turn signal stalk and hold it, you'll see Prog or something like that. You then press the buttons (in order) of what you want to scroll when pressing the turn signal stalk. I have mine set as TIME, RANGE, CONS1, CONS2, TEMP, AVG MPH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts