BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 328i. The symbol that looks like a light bulb with an exclamation point in the middle is showing....I looked in my online manual but can't find that symbol....does anyone know what it stands for?

Thanks

· Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,447 Posts
I have a 2009 328i. The symbol that looks like a light bulb with an exclamation point in the middle is showing....I looked in my online manual but can't find that symbol....does anyone know what it stands for?

Thanks
You have a bad (external, if it's the one below) light bulb. Mine showed the same symbol even though all the lights were functioning. It turned out to be high resistance in one of the rear sockets.

From page 160 in my manual:

Attachments

· Breaking in the Pony
6,447 Posts
Thanks because I checked all the lights and everything is working great....no bulbs appear to be out....
The questionable sockets are a known issue (earlier models were covered under SIB-63-02-08 ). If you're still under warranty, they should be able to knock it off fairly quickly.

Attachments

· Breaking in the Pony
6,447 Posts
No problem.

· Registered
2,510 Posts
Thanks because I checked all the lights and everything is working great....no bulbs appear to be out....
Interesting .... we had exactly this on the 328i ...... dash warning with no bulbs visibly out ..... dealer fixed under warranty.

· flâneur en cabriolet
927 Posts
I got the bulb warning the other day - was driving me nuts. Couldn't find any exterior lights out.

Found a web site that explained to hold in the stalk button when you are in the check control menu on the warning, to get the CCID number. Also had a link to a web page that had every CCID code and it's specific meaning (not just bulbs, but all of the warnings). I'd share the link but am traveling and it's in my favs on my home PC.

But I'm sure a google search would turn it up.

In my case, it correctly told me that the code was for a bad "license number" light. Sure enough, one of the plate lamps was burned out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.