Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this has been covered before, I have tried searching the forums and google but not found anything that appears relevant to my model.

I’ve recently brought a 2015 320 Xdrive and wondered if there is anyway to turn off the daytime headlights.

I had an old 2006 320d beforehand and I was sure there was an option for this in the idrive system but I’ve spent ages trying to find such a function in this model with no luck.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

·
Warning - Thin Air
1,716 Posts
I don't believe there is a designed way to turn off your daylight running lights. You may be able to code it or pull a fuse, but why would you want to defeat that safety feature?

·
Registered
19 Posts
There seems to be an option in bimmercode for it. So need the app and and adapter, very simple process

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah ok, thanks for the reply and no worries. Although I understand it***8217;s a safety feature it just seems silly to me to have them on in bright sunlight. If there was a simple option I was missing in the Idrive to turn off then I would but otherwise I***8217;ll just live with it.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I don't believe there is a designed way to turn off your daylight running lights. You may be able to code it or pull a fuse, but why would you want to defeat that safety feature?
+1
Those lights can make cars much more visible in difficult lighting such as morning and afternoon, haze, etc.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You can disable the DRL via your idrive menu. It's in the "lighting" section. (MENU/SETTINGS/LIGHTING)

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,524 Posts
The option to enable/disable DRLs is not available (suppressed by coding) in jurisdictions where DRLs are required by law, e.g., Canada. OP is in the UK so perhaps that is the problem.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,054 Posts
My apologies if this has been covered before, I have tried searching the forums and google but not found anything that appears relevant to my model.

I’ve recently brought a 2015 320 Xdrive and wondered if there is anyway to turn off the daytime headlights.

I had an old 2006 320d beforehand and I was sure there was an option for this in the idrive system but I’ve spent ages trying to find such a function in this model with no luck.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
It’s in iDrive under lighting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts