BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
7eR /// 1-BAD V12 ///
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the DRL's on a 98 740il.....

is it a dealer only option? (which is not good, as dealers here in Canada don't like to do such things)
is it possible to turn them off via an OBD II scanner?

i dont mind the drl's but pre 99 e38 are really bad setup as they activate all the lights (inlc. rear and xenon's)....wouldnt mind the look of the newer e38's with the "real" drl's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
check for a drl relay

HI

i just imported a 97 328iC and I went to the dealer to see about turning the DRL on as it was a US car. The said they needed a $200 relay and to adjust setting in the computer. You could try removing the relay as an easy fix but you may get an error for the lights on your display. Also be careful as I think you could get a ticket from the police for not having DRLs on a canadian car. If you can disable them, canadian tire sells a module that is very easy to install and u can use it to turn on any light you want as a DRL. I used it on 2 850i's I imported. Again though i get a bulb error but I just clear the message.

Hope this helps

Nick

·
7eR /// 1-BAD V12 ///
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

thanks for your reply.....

the relay option seems a little too much...and also i actually talked to a service guy at the dealer and it's simple to turn off the DRL's using the cpu they have there. Its just a matter of if they want to do it or not. I was thinking of putting in some angel eyes which would act as my DRL's....which i am sure that police would not ticket here.....I see a lot of cars without DRL's here also and never have heard about them get tickets. I just hate the way all the lights stay on.....all the time.

Thanks again for your reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts