BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Daytime running lights off (Dealer says "Not possible")

7698 Views 19 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  MOPAULY
Called the dealer today to schedule an alignment and asked if they could also turn off my daytime running lights. Dealer said this is not possible. He also asked a tech and tech also said no...

I have a 2006 750i

Any thoughts and advice is appreciated...
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
the Dealer is mistaken , you can shut your DRL's off .
Just find a coder in your area , or you can buy the OBD 2
plug & download the software & do it yourself .
What he said. :thumbup:
What is amazing is that there are so many BMW service managers that don't have a clue about these cars.
I have 03 745 li with no DRL on . It's cool lights off. Trying to decide if I want the angel eyes on for DRL, when I code the vehicle.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Mine are currently disabled...so it IS possible. :p
I understood this is not possible to code?
I have 03 745 li with no DRL on . It's cool lights off. Trying to decide if I want the angel eyes on for DRL, when I code the vehicle.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Find a new dealer, I wonder what else they do not know about our cars
Called the dealer today to schedule an alignment and asked if they could also turn off my daytime running lights. Dealer said this is not possible. He also asked a tech and tech also said no...

I have a 2006 750i

Any thoughts and advice is appreciated...
working on that now :)
Find a new dealer, I wonder what else they do not know about our cars
Yep mine are not on either so it is possible to have them off
I know I'm a noob here but if I turn my knob to parking lights my angels come on. But I don't have any drl
Daytime running lights

Hey guys , i have a 2004 bmw 745li.
my daytime running lights arnt on during the day. i called bmw dealership and they said its a option that the previous owner switched it off. they are charging me $160. any way i can do it on my own?
hey man thanks for the info, my daytime running lights are off and i want them on , whats the software? how difficult is it to do it my self. i have a obd II . thanks!
i put angel lights on it and my daytime lights are off lol. how can i turn them on , what software , i have a obd II.
It can be programmed but you need to have the right cable and program. Alot of people on here use INPA. If you google INPA or search on here you will get lots of info
Hey guys , i have a 2004 bmw 745li.
my daytime running lights arnt on during the day. i called bmw dealership and they said its a option that the previous owner switched it off. they are charging me $160. any way i can do it on my own?
thanks, what cable ?
It can be programmed but you need to have the right cable and program. Alot of people on here use INPA. If you google INPA or search on here you will get lots of info
It is a ODB2 cable, but not just any ODB2 cable...Do some searching or reading in the programming section.

If you find all that overwhelming, confusing, or if you are just plain lazy like me then you can also have someone code your car for you. I am in the process of having Okee from Triple_O_Coding ([email protected]) code my car remotely (over the internet). He will send you the correct cable and the files needed. Simple, and although not free it is WAY cheaper than the stealership and he can code a bunch of things the dealers either don't know about or won't do. :thumbup:
thanks, what cable ?
Programming codes for BMW 2004 745Li

Great info. Thanks.
Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of these programming codes?

Happy driving all.
Mine are off also
Want to turn them on and put May be white LEDs or yellow for drls
for the time and hassle to build your own box, I'd say find a coder or Indy that will do it for you. 10 minutes with Progman is all it takes.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.