BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard back from Roy last night. I'm car #204 for the June 15 NCC event. My friend's S2000 will be #224 if they still let non BMWCCA members run (one of the topics for the June board meeting).

I'm also in car #204 for the MWCSCC June 9 event at Rosecroft. Is anyone else running in that event?

Does anyone else think that a motorsports forum might be a worthwhile addition to the 'Fest?

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
See you in June. At this time I am car #207, but may move to the 3rd heat.

I don't run SCCA events. I cannot understand the philosophy of allowing R compound tires in STOCK class.

I was over on the SCCA Forums and it is strange to watch people comment on rules from the point of view of controlling costs, then allwoing R compound tires.

Also funny is that they are having trouble with some high CG cars with stock suspensions and R compound tires rolling over. :)

It makes NO sense to me.

I would show up to watch on June 9, but I will not be in the country.

·
10,856 Posts
Car 229 here. :)

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
clyde325xiT said:
Heard back from Roy last night. I'm car #204 for the June 15 NCC event. My friend's S2000 will be #224 if they still let non BMWCCA members run (one of the topics for the June board meeting).

I'm also in car #204 for the MWCSCC June 9 event at Rosecroft. Is anyone else running in that event?

Does anyone else think that a motorsports forum might be a worthwhile addition to the 'Fest?
I'm 213 in the CCA event, and 212 for the June 9 event (though this latter event I may end up skipping, since there are autocrosses scheduled for each weekend in June).

Edit: I'm actually 113 in the CCA event.

G

·
nate328Ci said:

Don't you have to stick around to work one heat? :dunno:

or is that not done up there?
I'll work the top half of the first heat and watch those guys run prior to my runs.

Working a heat is assumed and polite but not necessarily mandatory.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TD said:
I'll work the top half of the first heat and watch those guys run prior to my runs.

Working a heat is assumed and polite but not necessarily mandatory.
Unless something else falls off your car on the way to the track that needs immediate replacing? ;) Seriously, I thought that it was pretty slick how you disappeared right after your runs and then reappeared after the heat was over.

Nate, the club events here use a split heat format so you work half a heat and drive the other half as opposed to working an entire heat. Hmm, now that I say that, it's the same as if there twice the number of half sized heats. Also, at this location, the course designs that I've seen (basically, two variations of the same course) don't really require all that many poeple to work at once.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
I will see you there!

I am somewhere in the 2nd heat on June 9th. EDIT: I am 219 on June 9th.

I am #122 on June 15th.

G

·
CD-55 said:
I will see you there!

I am somewhere in the 2nd heat on June 9th.

I am #122 on June 15th.
Why are we always consecutive cars? We were consecutive at the autox school and would have been at the first CCA autox. Odd.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
clyde325xiT said:
Board Meeting??? Is that the NCC board? Is it open to all members? If they are open to all, when are they?

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: DC area autocrossing and such

CD-55 said:

Board Meeting??? Is that the NCC board? Is it open to all members? If they are open to all, when are they?
I belive that he was talking about the NCC board. I don't the answers to the rest of your questions, though. Hopefully they're in the email newsletter or the printed thing that came in the mail a couple weeks ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts