BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bad Rabbit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the kelvin temp. on the Predator Chromiums that they offer? I see the option to add them to the DEPOs, but I don't see an option for temp.

Thanks

·
Bad Rabbit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ardsam, are those your stock headlights? They look to be, but you all on the other side of the pond hve stock glass ones right?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered the predator chromiums too and i can't wait til they get here!

·
Life finds a way
849 Posts
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/simba_2004/IMG_4938.jpg

not sure what the temp is on them but they are extremely bright now! That is a picture right after I had just installed them and they are brighter now. Guess they require a break in period. Overall I'm very pleased with the DDM headlights, just they are extremely horrible at answering e-mails and you have to call them two or three times to finally get some answers. So great pricing but customer service is horrible.

edit: found a picture after I had them running for awhile
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/simba_2004/PIC-0036.jpg
quality isn't that great but it was taken from my work phone when I was in the park garage :p

·
Bad Rabbit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the pics! Did you a all have an option on color when you ordered, or just hoped for the best? I'm guessing it would be somewhere between 5500 and 6500K...

·
blank
1,614 Posts
hey me too! i ordered on the 28th of march and they aparently just shipped last friday. i called and talked to "paul" a couple of times and then to "Leif" who got this straightend out hopefully. did you by chance ship USPS?

·
Bad Rabbit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've sent an email several days ago and also called twice today without reply...

I'd really like to order today or sometime soon, but would first like to get the temp. straightened out.

·
Bad Rabbit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One other question...

Will the 55w HID upgrade get rid of the low beam failure warning?

·
Life finds a way
849 Posts
no it will not help the low beam failure ;) for the lights I chose 6k, just the right amount of blue for me.

that is what my lights look like at night driving :D

·
Bad Rabbit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the vid DNRC. I guess I will place my order soon! They look great! Everything working ok now that you've had a chance to get used to them?

·
vek-mw
1,154 Posts
hey me too! i ordered on the 28th of march and they aparently just shipped last friday. i called and talked to "paul" a couple of times and then to "Leif" who got this straightend out hopefully. did you by chance ship USPS?
i dont really remember but i think i did. i talked to them a couple of times too and i believe they are getting tired of me coz they told last time that they will send me an email with the tracking info when the headlights ship. i juss dont like to wait... specially when my credit card 's been already charged a month ago

·
Life finds a way
849 Posts
Thanks for the vid DNRC. I guess I will place my order soon! They look great! Everything working ok now that you've had a chance to get used to them?
the only problem I have is on cold mornings the outer angel eyes do not want to cut on until the car has warmed up. I'm just guessing they do not have enough power, so eventually I'm going to give them a dedicated power line instead of having to turn on the parking lights for them to come on when I start the car :thumbup:

·
blank
1,614 Posts
i dont really remember but i think i did. i talked to them a couple of times too and i believe they are getting tired of me coz they told last time that they will send me an email with the tracking info when the headlights ship. i juss dont like to wait... specially when my credit card 's been already charged a month ago
i know what you mean. likewise, my card has been charged for over a month now and i'm just tired of not being able to see at night. i hope they're on thier way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts