BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Life finds a way
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an e-mail I'm going to send to DDM and I wanted everyone here to read it first before I send it to them to see if I needed to add or edit anything. Thanks :thumbup:

"It has almost been a month since I first requested prices for these parts with my DDM wholesale club pricing in which I have already paid for. From speaking with other BMW owners that have had to deal with this company they have all said the same thing about DDM ignoring their e-mails and it takes a minimum of 3 phone calls to have anything done. This is very bad advertisement for you guys and the fact that you are doing it to BMW owners is a very bad idea. If it was Honda owners or Toyota owners it would not be that big of a deal. You have chosen to support BMW vehicles as your primary target for selling parts yet you do not live anywhere near the standards of these owners. It seems like everyone that works for DDM could care less about their paying customers. You take their money and sit around doing nothing and then whenever you feel like doing something you finally ship out their order. Also from what I have heard you send it to the wrong addresses and take a month to get it corrected. I asked for a very very simple request and DDM has ignored it for almost a month now. Seriously, no I mean really seriously how hard is it two get wholesale prices for pads and rotors? This is embarrassing. I have had to call DDM several times in the past months to get prices for simple things and I'm still having to stay in contact and do all the work myself to get prices for pads and rotors. I am an extremely dissatisfied with your customer service and if I had known that it would have been this difficult to just get a simple price I would have never purchased anything from your site and never recommended it to anyone. I feel like a fool for even suggesting this site to others on bimmerfest and then to my BMW fanatic neighbor. I highly recommend that you change your management at DDM and get someone that can lead your team into meeting customer's needs vs. being sluggards. I have gone to college for business management, I have worked management positions at multiple jobs, I have worked in warehouse locations, and I have worked retail jobs, so it isn't like I know how it is working for a place like DDM. Your company is the example that my college used to help us know what to avoid being like and to stay away from.
-Derek T."

I'm fed up with them. Yes they have great prices but it really isn't worth dealing with such a headache. The time I have spent working with these guys I could have used toward more important things instead of wasting away my life. I paid for the wholesale club membership and they never responded to any of my e-mails requesting for prices until I called them after going two weeks of no reply to any of my e-mails for pricing and tech help. They told me they had the e-mail and he was going to reply right away, well he did but not on all the parts, he said another guy would do it. Two weeks later still no response so I call them again and he claims that someone else was working on it and that he would make a few calls and call me back the same day. A week later here I am with still no pricing on brake pads and rotors. I sent the first e-mail asking for the pricing on them April 9th. It does not take 3 weeks to get pricing, nor 10+ phone calls and a ton of e-mails. I'm going to send that e-mail using three different e-mail accounts to make sure they get it. If they do not respond within 24 hours then I will call them and ask for a refund on my membership and I will be more than happy to spend an additional $100 on decent pads and rotors somewhere else.

·
blank
1,614 Posts
looks good to me. i personally would take out the stab at honda/ricer comment. i mean, yes, they aren like our BMW's, but the owners still care and would be pissed if they got the same customer service. other than that, looks like a deal. but they dont check they're email anyway..so it probably wont do any good lol

·
blank
1,614 Posts
Hmm, and I was just thinking of buying something through them.
ya know..they are freakin cheap. WAY cheaper then i've seen elsewhere. there customer service sucks and USPS shipping time takes forever, but now that i have mine, im very happy with the product. i mean, if im not mistaken, DNRC got his lights relatively quickly and everything? maybe the've just hit a rough spot with all this new business. i do think that there is definite room for improvement. but like isaid, they are relatively new and might be overwhelmed with all the new business. i'de give them a chance to get things under thier belt. i hate being so ill willed toward them before, and then completely changing after my lights got here, but i guess i'm just lessed stressed now that i have my lights in hand. i dunno

·
Life finds a way
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my headlights came really quick but they never responded to my e-mail asking for help on why my outer angel eyes didn't work at first. then I joined their membership and since then they don't respond to my e-mails. I can understand it being a new business but that is still no excuse for never returning any e-mails. When I was one the phone the guy even told me he had seen my e-mails but he never gave an excuse for why he didnt' answer them. It doesn't take a month to answer a e-mail regardless of the company. Also I have two of their e-mails that I use and they dont' respond to either one.

·
I love my 318iS
112 Posts
Has DDM improved since this thread?

·
Synth Oil & Vodka.
970 Posts
I don't know, a month ago i ordered gauge rings that fit like ****. I made them work, but it was NOT the "easy" snap on task that was promised at all. What should have been the simplest part...snapping them in, was anything but. They were sturdy though, sucks cos' i was considering ordering an m replica front end piece from them, now im on the fence....

·
blank
1,614 Posts
well, like we've stated earlier...they have rock bottom prices. you almost can never find what they have for that cheap. yes..customer service sucks. yes, sometimes they screw up orders. but when your on a super tight budget, they are a good option. i say GOOD. not great. Definitely call them. dont bother with emails, dont leave messages. just call and try to talk to a real human being. and keep calling until they can give you a tracking number.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have purchased multiple items from DDM and have not had a problem. I am in the military and have to call to get the military price, place my order and wait with excitement for my parts.

·
I love my 318iS
112 Posts
well, like we've stated earlier...they have rock bottom prices. you almost can never find what they have for that cheap. yes..customer service sucks. yes, sometimes they screw up orders. but when your on a super tight budget, they are a good option. i say GOOD. not great. Definitely call them. dont bother with emails, dont leave messages. just call and try to talk to a real human being. and keep calling until they can give you a tracking number.
I would be one of those people that are on a super tight budget, the problem is that I live all the way down here in Miami, FL.

I have purchased multiple items from DDM and have not had a problem. I am in the military and have to call to get the military price, place my order and wait with excitement for my parts.
How long was the wait?

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
So the OP is way too long for my drunk ass to read through. Derek, I gather that the cliffnotes are basically DDM = teh fail?

·
I love my 318iS
112 Posts
So the OP is way too long for my drunk ass to read through. Derek, I gather that the cliffnotes are basically DDM = teh fail?
Lmfao, seems so.... Which sucks, because I would really like to buy their stuff, but living here in Miami seems a little far fetched.

·
Synth Oil & Vodka.
970 Posts
the OP is way too long for my drunk ass to read through. Derek, I gather that the cliffnotes are basically DDM = teh fail?
HAHAHAH, yes.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I don't know, a month ago i ordered gauge rings that fit like ****. I made them work, but it was NOT the "easy" snap on task that was promised at all. What should have been the simplest part...snapping them in, was anything but. They were sturdy though, sucks cos' i was considering ordering an m replica front end piece from them, now im on the fence....
Their bumpers seem to be their best parts. On BF.c there are a lot of threads about DDM bumpers. Read those and see what the general consensus is for them. I'd say out of all the things you can buy from them, that's your best bet.

·
Life finds a way
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Has DDM improved since this thread?
yes they have improved dramatically and I've talked with the owner about it already
evidently the crew that was working for him at that time was fired and has been completely replaced, they actually answer e-mails now and the phone calls, plus the reply like lightning if you contact them on BimmerForums

so it is a light/day difference in the way they handle their operations since the time I made the first post, at that time I was pretty ticked at them but I decided to give them a second chance and I'm glad I did :thumbup:

for my car I have ordered from them:

rotors and pads for the front of my car
M3 front bumper
clear corners/sidemarkers all the way around
depo head lights with angel eyes
floor mats
xenon interior kit
crystal fog lights
55 watt HIDs for the foglights
and soon I'll be ordering the replacement trim from them

1 - 20 of 29 Posts