Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say how thoroughly impressed I was with using Deionized water today for the first time. I picked up 3 five gallon jugs of it at a local fish store.

I rinsed the car with the hose and regular tap. I soaped the car with a bucket full of deionized water. I rinsed the car with the good old standard hose.

Then, I simply dumped a couple bucketfulls of the deionized water onto the car, rinsing off the tap. Magnificent.

Though the car continued to dry as I slowly worked my way around, absolutely zero spots were being left, and this is on a brand new Jet Black car with mirror finish still. The windows fully dried without me having wiped them, and they had zero spots.

Thank you to the people who recommended Deionized water as a rinsing technique when washing the car. You can really take your time drying things, and the results are flawless.

In all, I think I used 1 five gallon jug. Two remaining and won't have to pick more up for quite some time.

-N-

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
I think you can find inline water filters that will do this so that you can use the water as you wash the car.

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a personal de-I unit that I used for a saltwater fish tank I had, but it is a royal pain in the butt because it requires some pretty high water pressure, and I can rarely get it out of the faucett.

-N-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts