Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to deactivate all the airbags in my Z4 E85.

Is this possible via cable or by removing fuses?

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry, I don’t know the answer to your question, but I am wondering why you would want to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Because airbags are only needed in very limited scenarios, but they can blow off for very small accidents destroying the interiors of your car and running the risk of hurting you further with the explosion, loud noise that can damage your ears and chemicals released during the explosion.

I've always deactivated airbags in all my cars.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Because airbags are only needed in very limited scenarios, but they can blow off for very small accidents destroying the interiors of your car and running the risk of hurting you further with the explosion, loud noise that can damage your ears and chemicals released during the explosion.

I've always deactivated airbags in all my cars.
Unless you have a Z4M Coupe, the market value on these cars is pretty low, and any accident significant enough to set off the air bags is going to total the car anyway. Might as well have the safety available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little more safety in exchange of injury due to the explosion as I've explained above not worth it.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
There was a time where some people believed it was safer to be thrown through the windshield "clear of the accident" because seat belts were dangerous and would cut you in half. Are you removing your seat belts too? Probably should do that if you want to be completely safe. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys read too many so called experts in magazines.
And that also gives some of you some dark irony, totally unneeded and not requested.
At a certain age, you should become more critical thinkers, not just buying all the stories out there.
So you don't know how to do it. I found a way to do it.

We can close the topic.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ignorance is bliss. However in this case it would be deadly in an accident. Darwinism in its finest form.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Not sure why you need to keep offending people to make your point.
According to you, having a computer that can drive your car not letting you getting control of the accelerator and steering wheel is also fine, because it's sold as additional safety.
You know very well that's what's coming.

Make your choices. Don't judge people for theirs.

Best.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don’t think we are offending the innocent individuals who drive with you not knowing that you have disabled safety features.

If it offends you if we point out your liability to criminal charges, should you get into an accident and those innocent individuals are killed or disabled through your deliberate actions, so be it.

However the innocent victims of what can only be described as your selfishness shouldn’t have to pay for it. (I would describe it in other words but don’t want to offend you...)

Personally I’m all for Darwinism as long as innocent victims aren’t involved.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ClearanceDriver, how old are you?
Do you already have a driver's license?
Com'on let's leave it here, Mr policeman.

·
Registered
425 Posts
MP, I salute your critical thinking but there is also science and statistics to consider. Air bags (and ABS) were first viewed with suspicion when debuted, but they have both proven reliable and effective in saving lives. Guarantee you automakers would opt out if they could prove otherwise.

·
The Arkleyologist
574 Posts
Glad you got it resolved MP...these threads amaze me ..all you did was ask for ideas to complete a task...btw..I am 77...and admit I am still

immature..chuckle

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ahhh so many comebacks....

Seems to be some sort of badge of honor these days to act immature...

I’ll just observe that “immaturity” leads to bad outcomes.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I***8217;ve been in an airbag accident. The noise from the crash itself was MUCH louder than the airbags detonating. BS reasons/excuses for doing this.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts