BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have chronic problem with a dead battery. i have 98 740i. it appears to be compeletely random. the car can be dead after 2 days or after 7. i have aftermarket XM, radar detector and cell phone hands free unit, but apparently they are not drawing on battery. have had battery replaced twice.
just died again and charged the battery. oddly the my key could not automatically unlock the doors or trunk. i tried back up key and still nothing. trunk won't shut now. wondering if this has something to do with it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I have a 98 740 also. I don't have a battery problem but my battery did dye and I had to open the trunk with the key because the battery is in the truck. I had the same problem , the auto function would not grab the trunk. I found this remedy on line. with the trunk open undo one side of the battery. what ever position the latch on the trunk lid is ,you have to move it to the other position. You can use a screwdriver to to this. It should not be that hard to move. reconnect the battery and try the key and see if the trunk works. It did for me. Good luck. John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts