BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was lucky :)so far with my Bimmer [ 540I] until yesterday - wanted to go to pick up my son and after turning ignition I had heard only clicking sound :tsk:, no other action, :cry:suspecting battery - or something else .
Right now bimmer is sitting in my garage,:D
any quick advises appreciated,:)

Kristoff0212

·
Member Supremo
1,596 Posts
Battery is dead R.I.P :(. Just had the same thing happen today.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Yep, if that is the OEM battery you fared better than most. OEM tends to last ~5 years, replacements (not the same) last 3-4 years.

Cheers,
Bill

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hello,

I was lucky :)so far with my Bimmer [ 540I] until yesterday - wanted to go to pick up my son and after turning ignition I had heard only clicking sound :tsk:, no other action, :cry:suspecting battery - or something else .
Right now bimmer is sitting in my garage,:D
any quick advises appreciated,:)

Kristoff0212
Did not want to wait for the battery to die, I went to autozone for a Duralast DL 49 for my 330i. It is actually for 540i, paid $89.00 plus tax, it is a bit longer than my OEM. OEM by now is probably close to $200.00.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Get a group 49 from an auto parts store for about 1/3 the price. Make sure it's 850 CCA, and has drain connections.

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
Thanks ,
Checked with dealership - $270 it is , and I have to install,
yep , she is dead ,

Cheers,
Kristoff
Run from the dealer; buy an Autozone one and put the rest away for a cooling system!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back to life, running smooth , as for the cooling sys. - alreday changed WP [2008]- found on the forum great post for DIY,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts