BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car did not start this morning after it was left un-driven for a day in the garage. It was not completely dead but did not have enough juice to start. Put it on the battery tender and drove my 4Runner to work. Does this mean it's time for a new battery? It's 2007 550i and I believe the battery is original. It recently got serviced and reprogrammed by the BMW dealer about a month ago. I don't know if that has anything to do with this issue. Thought I'd like to hear what y'all think before bringing it in. Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would suggest to replace the battery. It will save you from many problems that can be caused by battery.

·
Plate O' Shrimp
326 Posts
+1 on replacing it. On mine, when the battery crapped out, the engine overheated (or reported that it did). Now, whether it actually overheated (ie. from being unable to run the water pump at sufficient speed), or merely THOUGHT it overheated (ie. from electrical glitch), it's the same thing - you have to stop driving NOW.

So replace the battery when the initial warning signs show up; the potential headaches are not worth postponing the pain.

·
Plate O' Shrimp
326 Posts
Did you register it? if not, you oughta. Search tool will tell you why.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.