BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was happily driving my X3 around as usual when it beeped at me (some lights came on the instrument cluster) a couple times. I thought it was odd and pulled over to take the key out and put it back in again. After I took the key out I lost all power (not even the little green light by the transmission was on) and it wouldnt even let me turn the key. I called roadside assistance in preparation for towing it to BMW but about 20 minutes into the wait it fired back up again on it's own. WTF! ?? : )

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to hear that! It is funny to hear that it fired back uo again on it's own! Did it scare the hell out of you when it happened?

·
Sometimes I eat humans
62 Posts
I had weird electrical gremlins in my 2007 for the first year. Center door lock wouldn't work sometimes with car running, car wouldn't up shift, sunroof would start to reopen halfway through closing. Went out to the garage one morning and the battery was completely dead. Nothing had been left on, it was just dead. BMW sent out a truck to jump it and he couldn't jump it, they had to get a flatbed to tow it out of the garage. All of the weirdness was gone with the new battery. I think everything is so tied to electronics now (electronic shifter etc) that a battery issue breaks everything.

More recently the car would stall while leaving trying to leave a full stop. It didn't shut off completely, but the RPM dropped to 0, all the lights came on, then it would 'catch' itself and everything would return to normal. It did it once when I was trying to jump though a hole in traffic to cross a busy street and I about wet my pants waiting for it to move again. They replaced an O2 sensor in the exhaust under warranty and no problems since.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Electronics are dead in 2004 325i

The same kind of thing is happening to my 2004 325i. All of the electronics are dead. No interior lights, no dashboard lights, no trunk lights, no horn, not anything electronic, which is everything. Naturally, the car will not start. The only light is a weak seat-belt indicator.

Yesterday, 5/29/10, I moved the car out of the garage to get the mower out, Two hours later, I wanted to put it back in the garage and everything was dead, dead, dead. I have not had any weak-battery symptoms before this.:mad: The battery was replaced on 2/20/09.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts