BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2009 M3 E93 w/DCT
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From those of you who recently (last 1-2 years) had a BMW Dealer Buy-Back your car due to a problem that after many days at the Dealership just can't be fixed, a few questions:

- Did they buy it back for what you paid (including sales tax, Dealer Doc Fees, State registration)?

- If not, did they depreciate the car based on age and mileage?

- If not, how did they compute the Buy-Back offer?

- Did you also get reimbursed for Dealer installed options (eg, OEM Alarm, 3M Clear Bra, Wheel Locks, etc)?

- Did they give you the option of using the Buy-Back amount as a Credit towards a different BMW purchase? [this could save some sales tax on a new purchase; like a trade-in]

- How long did the Buy-Back process take from initial Dealer request to BMW NJ until you had a check or credit issued?

- Anything else I need to know, but didn't ask?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
+49 viewings and no one has been involved in a dealer Buy-Back :dunno:
If you don't want to publicly post, then PM me :thumbup:
Hi AZ,
I experienced a buy-back, but it was a lease

·
2009 M3 E93 w/DCT
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi AZ, I experienced a buy-back, but it was a lease
So after 142+ viewings no one else has been successful with a BMW Dealer Buy-Back?
BTW I purchased, not leased, but I PM'd Kief for his info :thumbup:

·
Kaos
167 Posts
I'm not familiar with Arizona law, but here are some answers based on California law:

1. The buy back is based on the full purchase price, including tax, dmv fees, and finance charges (if you didn't pay cash). Most manufacturers will also include the dealer installed options in the overall purchase price, especially if on the original purchase contract.

2. The only deduction is based on mileage, calculated by taking the mileage at the time you first brought your car into the dealer for the problem for which they are buying the car back, dividing by 120,000, times the purchase price.

3. Typically, the manufacturer will initially offer to replace the car but will cash you out if you ask. Also, if you choose to stay with the same brand, and for instance, upgrade to a more expensive, they usually waive the mileage deduction. Also, if you buy another BMW that is more expensive, you usually save the sales tax on the upgraded amount as they consider the transaction a substitution of collateral and don't charge you tax, which is a nice little saving.

4. BMW is usually pretty quick on cutting a check if you cash out.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
So after 142+ viewings no one else has been successful with a BMW Dealer Buy-Back?
BTW I purchased, not leased, but I PM'd Kief for his info :thumbup:
AZ-
I forgot to mention, you are also in a unique situation since you did ED. You need to bring this up to BMWNA as well

·
2009 M3 E93 w/DCT
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need to bring this up to BMWNA as well
Yes I did, but they E-Mailed back and said see the Service Mgr, which of course had already initiated the paperwork.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
If you work a deal on an M3, they should treat you pretty well as they will make money on the M3.

·
2009 M3 E93 w/DCT
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you work a deal on an M3, they should treat you pretty well as they will make money on the M3.
Unfortunately the M3 deal will be through a board sponsor, not my 335i E93 dealer; they wouldn't do an ED/PCD deal :rofl: Love those board sponsors :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.