Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
without two days in the body shop, bondo, wet sanding, etc. The ding is too close to the rear passenger side door handle.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I didn't notice the damage untl after I had already left the garage, so I'll be paying the $450 (estimate) myself. The car is leased for another 19 months.

Does anyone have any experience with dents fixed via filling in and sanding? Will I notice the repair? If I will, I can't see the value in getting it fixed, especially since the ding is only the size of a dime and shouldn't cost me come return time.

:dunno:

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Thats a bad location for a paintless dent removal because there are parts right behind the door skin which doesn't allow access to the backside. Maybe if you removed the door panel and handle you might be able to get a paintless dent removal guuy to do it, otherwise I think what the dealer is telling you may be true.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Thats a bad location for a paintless dent removal because there are parts right behind the door skin which doesn't allow access to the backside. Maybe if you removed the door panel and handle you might be able to get a paintless dent removal guuy to do it, otherwise I think what the dealer is telling you may be true.
+1

$450 estimate is a bit outrageous though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no doubt that the dealer is being nothing less than 100% honest with me regarding the inability of paintless dent repair to fix the problem.

The money to fix it is less of a concern than the prospect of it being more noticable after filling, sanding, compounding, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts