BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused when people say they got a car at, say, $600-800 over invoice. A dealer quoted me today $720 in just fees! 380 MACO + 180 Training + 160 PDI... When somebody says it is XXX over invoice, does it mean XXX + the fees??? :dunno:

Should I run away from that dealership (Rusnak)? They want the fees + $100 for mats + $600, but it really makes it $1420 over the published invoice. That's for 335 sedan with a sport package... It is L.A. metro, by the way.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
WHat the f is the training fee?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Their personnel training, I guess :eek:

·
YeeeeeHaaaaaww!
145 Posts
I leased from Rusnak.. Never paid for mats and dont recall paying for training fees.. who is your sales advisor?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I leased from Rusnak.. Never paid for mats and dont recall paying for training fees.. who is your sales advisor?
Neil Pearl, the internet/fleet manager.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hello, invariant. I recently ordered a 3 Series and balked when I first saw the MACO and Training fees. For more info on those fees, search for comments at this forum, and see this page at edmunds.com.

The MACO fee varies regionally, but the opinion I've heard most (excluding, notably, those who disagree strictly on principle, but who can't suggest an alternative solution) is that if the MACO fee is listed on the invoice, rather than after the fact on the contract, it is legitimate and should be paid.

My deal before tax looked like this:

2007 335xi Sedan
Invoice MSRP
335 XI Sedan $37,535.00 $40,800.00
Metallic Paint 430.00 475.00
ZCW 775.00 850.00
PDC 320.00 350.00
Dest 775.00 775.00
Train/Maco 580.00
Beige Leatherette n/c n/c
Pop Natural 4AC n/c n/c
________________________________ ______________
Invoice 40,415.00 43,250.00
over invoice 500.00
______________ ______________
$40,915.00 $43,250.00

Now that I'm over paying the Training and MACO fees, my concern is whether I'll have to pay tax on them. But frankly, at $500 over invoice for the car, and since we in the U.S. pay less for these cars than buyers anywhere else, I'm not going to quibble over 48 bucks.

Good Luck!

Snaxster

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
932 Posts
Invoice price is the same as Confidential Wholesale price seen in the Bimmerfest copies of the BMWNA official price list. This is as opposed to the Retail price, or MSRP.
If you look on the list you will see the price of the base car, and the price of options. You will also see Training Service fee, listed. You won't see MACO. That's because some dealers are part of a regional advertising cooperative and some are not.
So, $xxx over invoice, would include the Training service fee, but usually not the MACO, and not document fees, and other prep fees.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am confused when people say they got a car at, say, $600-800 over invoice. A dealer quoted me today $720 in just fees! 380 MACO + 180 Training + 160 PDI... When somebody says it is XXX over invoice, does it mean XXX + the fees??? :dunno:

Should I run away from that dealership (Rusnak)? They want the fees + $100 for mats + $600, but it really makes it $1420 over the published invoice. That's for 335 sedan with a sport package... It is L.A. metro, by the way.
When you make a deal over invoice ... it's always better to look at the invoice first ... otherwise, make your deal in Drive out price.

You'll find that MACO and Training are listed on the invoice. You can argue if they are legit or not, but they do show up on the invoice. Personally, I feel the dealerships and BMW have found a way to create higher margins by playing the game. It's our own fault for dealing in over invoice pricing when we've never seen the actual invoice first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts