BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a list of fees the dealerships charge such as Tire Tax, MACO etc?

Also does anyone know which fees we MUST pay and which fees when can haggle the dealership to remove?

·
Chairman of the Bored
3,284 Posts
In Florida there is a fee called MVWEA which is tires I think, $68.50 is what they charged me a few years ago. MACO varies, I paid $400, it's legit. Training fee is $180, also legit. Doc fee or dealer fee is profit but most dealers charge it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Pay:

MVWEA (Tire Tax)
MACO
Training

Haggle:
Doc Fee
Dealer Fee

Any other fees you guys & gals have been charged? Also why do we pay MACO? they should pay for their own advertisement.

·
Chairman of the Bored
3,284 Posts
Most dealers won't haggle on the doc fee or dealer fee, what you do is take these into account so for example if I was willing to pay $x over invoice I would subtract any doc fee or dealer fee from x. Right or wrong MACO is part of the dealer invoice along with the $180 training fee.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I don't believe there is any fee that you must legally pay - the dealer can give you the car if you wish. So instead of focussing just on certain fees, I'd personally focus on out the door pricing - or $x over invoice, out the door, when comparing different specc'd cars. Getting low fees, but giving up more markup, just doesn't make $$$ sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts