·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took car into today, under warranty for a few things:
1. AC blowing hot air
2. Discharge battery coming on AFTER
3. Don't occasionally won't unlock (drivers) unless central locking used

Car is a 2014 F10 which has been trouble free until today.

So I pick up my car and drive the 4-5 mi home in evening traffic, so doubtful drove over 25-30 miles per hour. Decided to get a frosty from Wendy's and on the way back the car hesitates and seems underpowered when I pressed on the gas and nothing. Then I kept going as nearly home and guess what? Nearly hit broadside when pulling into development. GOD an only GOD kept that from happening and an attentive driver coming the other way.

I'm assuming something wasn't done correctly when the a/C repair was done.:mad:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Services and "repairs" under warranty

took car into today, under warranty for a few things:
1. AC blowing hot air
2. Discharge battery coming on AFTER
3. Don't occasionally won't unlock (drivers) unless central locking used

Car is a 2014 F10 which has been trouble free until today.

So I pick up my car and drive the 4-5 mi home in evening traffic, so doubtful drove over 25-30 miles per hour. Decided to get a frosty from Wendy's and on the way back the car hesitates and seems underpowered when I pressed on the gas and nothing. Then I kept going as nearly home and guess what? Nearly hit broadside when pulling into development. GOD an only GOD kept that from happening and an attentive driver coming the other way.

I'm assuming something wasn't done correctly when the a/C repair was done.:mad:
Sounds like you should have turned around and returned the car IF you realized after 4-5 miles something was WRONG!!

EVERY service / warranty is accompanied by a WORK ORDER and the customer (at least at MY BMW Dealership for the past 20+ years) has to sign off and will receive a copy of the requested work and the work that was actually done.

It might help us if you'd post a copy of that work order.

So, while being alert for every other driver who is trying to kill you :mad: , get your car back to your dealer - something must have been left undone! :dunno:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I noticed this my new 535i too - when the A/C is off, the car feels a bit more responsive, especially when accelerating after slowing down. Can anyone else confirm this? I don't think it's placebo effect... the A/C must be draining a lot of power...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just had the condenser replaced due to a leak on my 2014 535XI M-Sport. Didn't notice any more drag on the engine and everything functioned as normal. I would take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you should have turned around and returned the car IF you realized after 4-5 miles something was WRONG!!

EVERY service / warranty is accompanied by a WORK ORDER and the customer (at least at MY BMW Dealership for the past 20+ years) has to sign off and will receive a copy of the requested work and the work that was actually done.

It might help us if you'd post a copy of that work order.

So, while being alert for every other driver who is trying to kill you :mad: , get your car back to your dealer - something must have been left undone! :dunno:
Well, I see that some things get lost via email.

I immediately called the dealership and demanded service manager. No, the issue wasn't evident the 3 miles home going 25 mi per hour in NJ evening traffic. However, I ended up on s stretch doing 40 when it first happened after I decided to make another stop after I got home. The turn into my development which requires fast turn due to traffic was the near T-bone.

The dealership delivered a car last night and took mine got a call today that the tech didn't connect a transmission cable back tightly or correctly. Said should be no damage to my transmission (right) and they want to road test a bit longer.

So I'm glad I'm at the end of my lease and plan to have a conversation with the service manager tomorrow. Clearly if they had road tested my car correctly yesterday THEY would have caught it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just had the condenser replaced due to a leak on my 2014 535XI M-Sport. Didn't notice any more drag on the engine and everything functioned as normal. I would take it back to the dealer.
I did. Curious to see how my formerly trouble free car responds.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
All's well that ends well (so far)

Well, I see that some things get lost via email.

I immediately called the dealership and demanded service manager. No, the issue wasn't evident the 3 miles home going 25 mi per hour in NJ evening traffic. However, I ended up on s stretch doing 40 when it first happened after I decided to make another stop after I got home. The turn into my development which requires fast turn due to traffic was the near T-bone.

The dealership delivered a car last night and took mine got a call today that the tech didn't connect a transmission cable back tightly or correctly. Said should be no damage to my transmission (right) and they want to road test a bit longer.

So I'm glad I'm at the end of my lease and plan to have a conversation with the service manager tomorrow. Clearly if they had road tested my car correctly yesterday THEY would have caught it.
Yes, it's unfortunate the service tech missed the little details and I agree, a road test would-a-could-a identified that something was amiss before you trudged out to slug it out with NJ Rush Hour traffic (where NO ONE RUSHES ANYWHERE!!).

Looks like a heart-to-heart chat is in order because while they did get you into replacement transportation it's a blemish to "the brand" and not the way to treat a customer (regardless of brand).

What are you thinking about leasing when you turn this one back in? Another BMW??

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, it's unfortunate the service tech missed the little details and I agree, a road test would-a-could-a identified that something was amiss before you trudged out to slug it out with NJ Rush Hour traffic (where NO ONE RUSHES ANYWHERE!!).

Looks like a heart-to-heart chat is in order because while they did get you into replacement transportation it's a blemish to "the brand" and not the way to treat a customer (regardless of brand).

What are you thinking about leasing when you turn this one back in? Another BMW??
I do really love the brand unfortunately, so I'm going to get out of this F10 into another for 2 years until some of the kinks are out of the G30. I had thought about buying out this one, but not after this fiasco.

So now I'm being told it was an "O ring from oil cooler went bad and they didn't touch it." Right so just a coincidence that while in for oil change and annual service that while fixing the A/C (needed new compressor), the O ring from the oil cooler went bad?

I'm more unhappy with the level of service and won't be taking my car there again. BTW: this is not my selling dealer which is a bit inconvenient to get to and this one is 2 mi from my house.

I've demanded a call from the Service Manager as I don't feel like I've gotten service.

Thoughts about the O ring story?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
When you Air is on no power means your engine is worn out
Now you need new engine.
Change engine oil in the future same time you can eliminate this problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts